what do you guys do to make money?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AlabamaMan!! said:
Most of the guys I know are trying to figure out new ways to get some while away from home.

Yeah, and then they HAVE to find ways to earn more money to pay for the house they aren't living in anymore. ;)

A wise old Captain told me that the best investment a pilot can have is staying married to his first wife.TC

voetsak said:
ok 1st off PLEASE don't respond with Amway or any MLM stuff :puke:

My "friend" is getting a job that will give him lots of off time between flights at his destination city. The destination city is 9 times out of 10 the same....

I know alot of corp. guys have lots of time sitting at FBO's. What have you found success doing to make money in that down time?

Thanks alot for help.

BTW I've already tried male pimp and 7'11 robbing so you can leave those out :pimp:

Im a (mortgage) loan officer on the side. You can pick up an extra 3/8000 USD a month that way.... Get of your lazzy ass, and start hitting the books. Within 3 months youll be ready to make some extra cash.

FD

I can't believe nobody has said Avtrip. LOL. Yeah, the FBO fuel rebates are where its at! After you buy enough jet fuel that is equivalent to a small country's GNP, you get a $50 Savings Bond! Wow! Fifty Bucks! .......No, a $50 savings bond.....its only worth about $25 bucks now but in the year 2035 it will be worth $50! How do they stay in business!!! Ahhhh, I kid. No offense to the folks at Avfuel. I collect the points too. Its kind of like collecting baseball cards....they are worth zilch now but in about 30 years.....look out!

Flyingdutchman said:
Im a (mortgage) loan officer on the side. You can pick up an extra 3/8000 USD a month that way.... Get of your lazzy ass, and start hitting the books. Within 3 months youll be ready to make some extra cash.

FD

I'm curious, how do you drum up business? Are you one of the yahoos cold-calling me fifteen times a day and asking me what rate I'm getting on my mortgage?

No,

Its your wife calling me 15 times a day, asking me what my rates are ;) Just kidding.

No i work for a mortgage company, and i only have to be at the office once a week. Gives me the rest of the week, while flying, to work out programs for my customers.

Speaking of which, what rates are you getting on your mortgage ? Drop me a line if you want me to see if i can refinance for you and bring you money back at closing. ;)

FD

Setting up a sales website is your best bet on the road - very easy to monitor and adjust, but you need to know what you're doing and does take some time to do it right - but once its done, it provides a steady stream of income with very little effort - you need to understand internet marketing - most people I've seen with websites don't make penny one becasue they have no idea what they are doing.

check out www.jetreview.com it could be for sale, for the right price!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back