What do you all think?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotChapin

Hey guys/gals I have an upcoming interview with Mesaba for a Street Captain position. I'm currently flying for Eagle, obviously the upgrade is a bit longer but with the current negotiations coming up things might get better. I live in base with eagle, it's nice to go home and not have to commute. But at the same time I would like to finally be able to build some 121 PIC.
I really enjoy working for eagle, a side from the long upgrade eagle is a pretty good place to work, the crew are great and I enjoy the OK QOL I have right now, even on reserve it's not bad.
What do you guys think? If offered the job at Mesaba should I take it, or just hang out at eagle. I would surely like the fact that I'm going to make more money at Mesaba, and like I said the 121 PIC is appealing. But at the same time I know that now a days to really get somewhere outside of the regionals you have to know someone at the Majors. And well....I really dont know anyone, so I'm just a bit curious. Has anyone here faced this dilema? What did you do? Did it work out in the long run? Any input from some of you guys would be nice.

Hey guys/gals I have an upcoming interview with Mesaba for a Street Captain position. I'm currently flying for Eagle, obviously the upgrade is a bit longer but with the current negotiations coming up things might get better. I live in base with eagle, it's nice to go home and not have to commute. But at the same time I would like to finally be able to build some 121 PIC.
I really enjoy working for eagle, a side from the long upgrade eagle is a pretty good place to work, the crew are great and I enjoy the OK QOL I have right now, even on reserve it's not bad.
What do you guys think? If offered the job at Mesaba should I take it, or just hang out at eagle. I would surely like the fact that I'm going to make more money at Mesaba, and like I said the 121 PIC is appealing. But at the same time I know that now a days to really get somewhere outside of the regionals you have to know someone at the Majors. And well....I really dont know anyone, so I'm just a bit curious. Has anyone here faced this dilema? What did you do? Did it work out in the long run? Any input from some of you guys would be nice.

I'm sure you're not the only one with this issue chump. I too have an upcoming interview with them. It's hard to say what will happen at eagle bro. I just hope that whatever has to happen happens fast!! I dont wanna kick my self on the a$$ later! When are you interviewing bro. PM me.

Anyone that uses the terms CHUMP and the word BRO more than once in a paragraph will NOT fit in at Mesaba, they have a very professional and respected pilot group...

I don't think you would make a very good captain if you are on here looking for career advice! Captains need to know how to make good decisions and listening to flight info types is not very smart. You should be given a check ride as an F/O for even posting such an absurd post!

Anyone that uses the terms CHUMP and the word BRO more than once in a paragraph will NOT fit in at Mesaba, they have a very professional and respected pilot group...

Typical regional forum answer. Instead of answering Pilotchapins question you get on here and try to make your self seem like a big man and "professional". You dont even know me chump. Typical 15 year old answe on flight info.

I don't think you would make a very good captain if you are on here looking for career advice! Captains need to know how to make good decisions and listening to flight info types is not very smart. You should be given a check ride as an F/O for even posting such an absurd post!

Hey chapin, I hate to say it my good man. But that's what you get for posting on the regional board. I love it how these guys almost tell you that you cant fly an ILS just for asking a question.

Asking for some professional advice from EXPERIENCED guys says nothing about your work ethic or pilot skills. Your comment really does show how much of a dumba$$ you really are and how much of a TOOL you must be.

Oooooh my goodness! It never fails to amaze me that the first response is usually from tools that think that they are better than everyone else.

Oh hey flybet, yeah you'll never survive at Mesaba since you use those words. I'm sure these guys never EEVER say any bad words or have a bad attitude. Amazing.

My vote goes towards going to Mesaba as a Captain. You'll probably have a low QOL for a while as more senior FO's upgrade after your hire date. But you'll build that all important TPIC more quickly, so you can get hired at a major airline within a reasonable amount of time. After all, isn't that why you're at a regional now?

...so respected-it shows in how much they pay you!!!

Hey, to all you "professionals" getting paid "professional" wages: Is there a crew line at the welfare office, or do you chumps have to stand in line with everybody else?

Latest resources

Back