what do I do with this stuff.... sell??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

I am cleaning out the attic am my parents house. There are boxes of manuals (dash1??) for EC-135R, F-4, A-37 and O-2. Some other "operational" stuff like manuals on air to air refueling, weapons checklist, waepons delivery guide/checklist for the A-37 and such.

Is it legal to sell this stuff or just toss it in the trash? Does it need to be turned in anywhere? it all dates from pre 1985.

didn't know a mark 82 could be used as a mine/water mine.

thanks

I thought there was a thing about destroying such things in a manner as to render them unusuable, if they were to be discarded. Not classified, but to be torn in half or something like that, is what I remember from the SAC days.

On the other hand, there is a lot for sale on E-Bay. So would you really be prosecuted? Probably not.

You could seek out some of the private museums like Pima Air Museum, or the Castle Musem at Merced, CA. They might be interested in stuff for Vietnam/Cold War displays. You might be able to take a tax deduction for the donation for whatever value the things have on the E-Bay collectors market.

If anyone got old flight helmets, I'll take it of your hands.

Well, after the C-141 was retired the guy running 141heaven.com posted some old (even original) AF manuals for it... he apparently got a 'stop it, and take it down' nasty graham from the AF.

Look for some small Air Museums or private collectors. They'll appreciate the contribution and keep that stuff for future folks to look back on and grin.

I'll take the phantom manual. I collect NATOPS manuals, and it would go well in my collection. .

of course I'll pay you for it. .

I am cleaning out the attic am my parents house. There are boxes of manuals (dash1??) for EC-135R, F-4, A-37 and O-2. Some other "operational" stuff like manuals on air to air refueling, weapons checklist, waepons delivery guide/checklist for the A-37 and such.

Is it legal to sell this stuff or just toss it in the trash? Does it need to be turned in anywhere? it all dates from pre 1985.

didn't know a mark 82 could be used as a mine/water mine.

thanks

On the front of the -1 there should be a statement if it is illegal to distribute or subject to the Arms Control Act. As fas as the A37 and other aircraft that arent flown anymore,,those manuals are now collectors items. The EC 135....err gray area? We still fly 135s. I realize no one will win a war with a -1 but ya never know what they will learn. Legally - if you turn them into a recycling place on base they will be shredded then recycled.
Just read a long security training slideshow on this crap!

Latest resources

Back