What did the Comair pilots decide?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WWEfan said:
That's exactly my point, bvt. Management already knows well in advance where those airplanes are going. It is NOT up to us. Since we got those airplanes without giving anything that should have been your clue.

Dude, it was going to be bad either way for comair pilots. It was a lose/lose scenario. My give a sh!!t meter readout is zero. Besides, baseball season is almost here, then life will be good regardless of what number is on paycheck.

DDpaysoff said:
Besides, baseball season is almost here, then life will be good regardless of what number is on paycheck.

Can I get that on a bumper sticker for my flight bag?

Hey Yankee fan. Where are you going to be at for the red-sox home opener when the World Series Championship rings will be distributed to the Red Sox? I want to be there. I'm betting you will not be at work.

Do you think the yankees will be standing up in the dugout clapping?

I'm sorry about your perception of what your comair brothers did to you. But, in actuallity I believe this will help you get a nice comair + contract and get stability and growth. You see, this number the comair pilots reached, is a number delta accepts and allows growth off of that number. You guys were just awarded a lot of leverage. Whatever, life is too short to worry about this kind of crap.

bvt1151 said:
Here comes the other groups pissed they won't be able to grab those airplanes...

Oh no, we're not getting the E-170! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What am I going to do?
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should have voted for concessions!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should have been born yesterday!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!1

Mommy, I'm going to be a big jet pilot now!

bvt1151 said:
Did you forget what we told them last year?

Besides, you gained 25 RJ's at the eventual expense of 19 ATR's. Way to grow!

No, we are currently giving back 7 of our 19 ATR's. The others will go eventually, but we have leases on the 8 we don't own until 2008. So to be more exact we gained 25 RJ's at the expense of 7 ATR's. And either way, we still said no when the RFP was offered. May be time to reconsider that decision considering we are the only ones left.

I believe ASA is getting 7 more 50's for a total 32, so maybe that will compensate for the 7 atr's leaving this year.

DDpaysoff said:
This is besides the point though. The most important thing is the redsox won the world series.

It's great to see that someone here still has their priorities straight.

This should actually be a good thing for ASA. If you guys thought you were going to get Comair +, you need to check yourself into rehab. ASA is not immune to the industry around it . Is it fair? No, but it's the truth whether you accept it or not. Now, Delta has basically said "$x per hour is an acceptable wage for our regional partners. That $x is higher than what ASA pilots make now. After 2 years of almost nothing, you might actually have some leverage here. What's good enough for Comair should be good enough for ASA as far as Delta is concerned. Hopefully this will stop the proliferation of the fungus known as $hitauqua....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back