• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Delta Really Wants.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just think some day the Delta guys came aspire to JetBlue, Southwest (now the nearly if not highest in the industry) and Airtran. Then the above Mgt will ask and recieve through threats etc a lower wage than DAL, USA, NWA, UAL etc and we will continue our race to the bottom. This Industry sucks, should have gone to Med or Law School.

Maybe a newbie can get on at Delta, whenever they hire again, to gain some experience then get on with CHQ for the better pay!

you upgrade to captain on the 190, and then after your lock in time, you can bid off.

If you do not pick that AC out of training and are assigned the 190 - would you then be able to bid out of the 190 without going to the Capt seat? Meaning would a seat lock not apply until you got to the next AC you bid? The progression of 190 FO to 190 Capt to 73 FO is crap in my book.

AAflyer said:
Our union posted it on the ORD domicile blast. AA is pretty much the last man standing in regards to traditional retirement (A and B fund), and traditional work rules. You can bet all eyes are on you and NWA and what we can expect, or what we need to do to stay competitive.

We are supposed to open sect 6 next spring. A great time for it>>
:rolleyes:

God Luck Delta Pilots.

AA

Actually, Fedex and UPS still have a traditional retirement as well. Good luck to DAL and NWA pilots!

You have got to be kidding me. That contract would be worse than AirTran in every category, including pay, vacation, rigs and sick time. . . . and is still no guarantee that Delta would make money. Pilot pay is just not that much of the equation, compared to fuel, operational efficiency, and the cost of equipment and credit.

767 CA rates lower than AirTran 717 rates? YGBFSM!

Last edited:
Severance

Tim47SIP said:
Reduce furlough pay

What exactly does this mean? Do the furloughed guys get paid? Just curious.
Furlough pay is basically severance pay you get when furloughed.

Ty Webb said:
You have got to be kidding me. That contract would be worse than AirTran in every category, including pay, vacation, rigs and sick time. . . . and is still no guarantee that Delta would make money. Pilot pay is just not that much of the equation, compared to fuel, operational efficiency, and the cost of equipment and credit.

767 CA rates lower than AirTran 717 rates? YGBFSM!

Yeah! United +1%. That's all I'm giving up!

Restore the profession!!

Latest resources

Back