Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T

Traumahawk

I grew up in Chicago and was lucky enough to land at Meigs.

But now that we have gotten our motive for action across, why don't we figure out what we can do that will make an impact. Emails can be deleted pretty easily. You can hang up on callers just as fast.

I'll be the first in line to nonrev up to the windy city and stand in front of the Son of a B*tch's office with the whole lot of us pilots.
Aopa and Friends of Meigs etc.. should act fast and get a date in line for pilots and other Meigs supporters to meet and make a real stink that emails and calls will never do. POst it on boards like this as well as the physical ones in FBO's.

This stinks like sh*t so lets all do something about it.

--T-hawk

Well for one you can hit him in the pocketbook...

There a few jets worth millions of dollars still sitting there. But Daley says they can just use the taxiway to takeoff. So that means every pilot is going to put his life in danger because Daley destroyed the runway?

If I was a pilot I wouldn't move my plane. Just say they you are making a decsion as PIC not to put your life in danger and ask the city of Chicago to pay for your now lost property.

Hopefully there's a few GV's there and Daley has to ask for assistance to pay for the planes from the taxpayers.

You gotta be shi.ttin me???? Daley already had the runway destroyed!!!??? WTF?

What happened to all of the leagal maneuvering a year or so ago when Meigs got a new lease on life? What about the FAA, did they just roll over and let this (I guess so)? This is unreal.......

I agree with the previous post re: "just takeoff on the runway." Oooops, sorry. don't have runway data for the fuc.kin taxiway, and insurance won't allow a t/o without proper data.....

Fuc.k Daley!!!!!!!!!!

Chicagoans

Every town has TV and radio people, and maybe newspaper people too, who like to fly. For example, Philly weatherman Tom Lamaine was a carrier pilot.

Call and get these high visibility folks involved in this. Stir up public support. Describe how many air ambulance and organ flights went out of Meigs last year. How much time and fuel was saved over the use of OHare? Use the AOPA resources for press information. Write letters to the editor. Make bumper stickers.

Get the idea?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back