• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what can I do with a 737 type?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can see where this thread is heading. Just one more person to come along with a check and help ruin the industry. It always amazes me when people say "hey, if I pay them they will give me a job" I forgot, the definition of a job was to pay, not be paid. DAmm let me call the oxford dictionary people and tell them that their definition of a job is totaly wrong..Geez..Did it ever dawn on you that when you start this job you are already 14k in the hole?

Just be patient and wait until the PFT thing stops, which it will. Don't make things worse.

Time to head to the pawn shop, I HAVE to have a flying job!

SD

737 type and (almost P-F-T) SIC check

I most certainly would take up your friend on getting the 737 type, assuming he and the deal are legit. A type goes on your personal pilot certificate. It is yours to keep, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for better or for worse, forever. So what if you don't have the 1000 turbine PIC right now? You may, eventually. That and your 737 type qualify you for SWA. I am sure you already meet the total time requirement for SWA; I believe it is 2500 tt minimum.

On the other hand, you paying $14K for an SIC check is ludicrous, even if a type comes with. It may not satisfy the two-prong test of P-F-T because you get a type out of the deal, which would, again, be yours. But it is still ludicrous, nonetheless.

Good luck with your efforts.

Last edited:
$14K for SIC.? Are you feeling alright? For God sakes you have over 3000TT.....Why don't you just pick out 10 or so of the best posters on this board ( obviously I better be one of them) and we can meet on some day and you give us the $14K to split amongst ourselves, you bend over, pull your pants down, and we start kicking you rather hard until you request your $14K back after you realize it is a bad deal. This way you won't have to think or study...

pretty much the same thing only a little easier for you-

3 5 0

pm me if you want to arrange this

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** 350, I thought you were going to make him squeel like a pig there for a minute.

weeeeeeeeeeee......weeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

If I did not have any scruples, I would make a fat living out of selling aviation jobs. PT Barnum was right, there is a sucker born every minute, only he forgot to add "and they all want to be pilots."

Though you will probably turn down this gracious offer to pay $14,000 for the opportunity to get a job, I will bet that you will 10 PMs in the next two days asking for the contact info for it.
Sad, isn't it....

If the offer from your friend stands to help pay for a 737 type--I say go for it. Even if you can not "use" it right now you can put it on your resume and perhaps use it in the future.

As for paying 14K for a SIC check--I think you should pass and consider something else--just my opinion.

Best of luck. Cheers.

Oh look theres a sale at Pennys... To the Tower

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back