Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Birddog

On a mission...
I interviewed with NetJets about a year ago and dropped the ball. I will spare the details, but it was ugly. Obviously, I did not get the happy letter, nor did I get an invitation to re-apply. If I took another shot at it, would the app just end up as toilet paper, or is there any sort of realistic chance? Has anyone else re-interviewed succesfully? Thanks in advance.

I interviewed with NetJets about a year ago and dropped the ball. I will spare the details, but it was ugly. Obviously, I did not get the happy letter, nor did I get an invitation to re-apply. If I took another shot at it, would the app just end up as toilet paper, or is there any sort of realistic chance? Has anyone else re-interviewed succesfully? Thanks in advance.

I interviewed in 04, and messed up all parts of the interview (except the psych test.) I was hired in 05 after my 2nd attempt. Very happy over here, it's worth reapplying before the 121 guys start furloughing again and another flood of resumes hits.

it's worth reapplying before the 121 guys start furloughing again and another flood of resumes hits.

Well said. I'm expecting another wave or as you put it "a flood of resumes" to come in soon.

Don't beat yourself up over the past. At a time when they were hiring like mad, I screwed up my first interview and breezed through my second attempt. I never found out exactly where I blew it the first time but it was easy to figure out on my own. About to be furloughed, and with a bunch of interviews lined up in a tight timeframe, I basically rushed the process... I went in unprepared for the HR/scenario questions, was very unsure whether I really wanted to leave 121 (they could see through me needless to say), and I failed to query my few but available corporate and frac pilot contacts to have a feel for the unique challenges of frac as opposed to airline flying. Instead I just studied up on technical stuff- the FAR/AIM, Jepps, airplanes I have flown, etc.

Eight months later and totally disenchanted with 121 at another regional, I was fully prepared and above all, motivated to go frac. I think they are good at seeing through if you simply want to come and try it out vs. really wanting to come and stay. If you are competent, prepared and clearly motivated, the job is yours. With growth now slow but steady, this is not a place to come for a quick upgrade, but rather for the long term. Its growth model is more like Southwests'- consistent but conservative instead of risky, violent spurts.

I've been here going on 2-1/2 years now and love it, not planning to ever go back to 121 if I can help it. I honestly think that second timers are given brownie points for persistance, especially if you have addressed whatever areas you think you were unprepared the first time, and show them you really want the job.

Last edited:
Please dont spare me..I want to know.... what happened?
Couple of things I did wrong from the start.
1. I should have called in sick. I woke up the morning of the interview feeling bad and just got worse as the day went on. I got home that night running a high fever and was out of work for the next 4 days.

2. I should have prepared for the sim. I heard it was touchy, but I thought "eh its a sim, how tough can it be?" I didn't crash and only went outside ATP limits once, but I did not exactly display mastery of the aircraft or good situational awareness, either. Had I done some prep, I know I would have flown better, despite being ill.

As for the interview, I had prepped and read everything I could find, but got into the interview already doubting myself from the sim and not feeling up to speed, and I think I came off as rather dull and listless. Some might say that is normal for me, but these folks didn't know me yet. Further, I think my answers we a little too short and clipped. While brevity may be the soul of wit, it does not always leave an interviewer with a good idea of who you are. Finally, I just flat out handled two of the passenger service scenerios wrong. Looking back on it, I see it now. If it had been any one of the above, I think I would be there today, but taken as a whole and looking at some of the other people there, I didn't have it together.

I am hoping I can get another shot. My current job isn't bad, but I think this one would not only be better, it would be one I could take to retirement.

You want the odds???

50/50.

Either they will accept it or they won't.

You know what happens if you don't try?

Nothing.

Latest resources

Back