What are Regionals looking for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

drpilot

What are the Regional airlines looking for as far as time, in the last year? I have way over the total time and the multiengine time required. But I have not flown much in the last year. I am current, I am just not flying for a living.
Anyone know what they are looking for? And would they interview. someone that is not flying for a living?
DR

actually the closer to mins you have on the low end they would like. that means you wont have time to move on or to upgrade... so they can keep you as a body in the right seat longer. express jet loved them young and dumb with very little time for that reason. if you dont quailfy for upgrade then you cant complain about it or move to a place that would upgrade you sooner. other than that.... regionals want a body they can train to make the pointy end go first.

actually the closer to mins you have on the low end they would like. that means you wont have time to move on or to upgrade... so they can keep you as a body in the right seat longer. express jet loved them young and dumb with very little time for that reason. if you dont quailfy for upgrade then you cant complain about it or move to a place that would upgrade you sooner. other than that.... regionals want a body they can train to make the pointy end go first.

Young and dumb...funny in my class the two people with the most time where the ones that had to do some retraining!

Nowadays, all you need is a Comm-multi and a pulse and you can get a job at about any regional (as long as you have their mins).

Is there anyone out their, that has been hired, at one of the airlines that was not currently flying for a living? I have looked at Eagle and they want 100 hours in the last 6 months I think that is what it said, and others ask for time in the last 90 days, 6 months and 1 years on some of them. Are they holding to the min' time listed on there web sites?
Thanks for the replies!

Latest resources

Back