What about not flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skippy22

It seems everyone who is out there, and out of a job is looking inside the box, about the whole situation. True if you are a pilot you want to fly as much as you can and have a good life doing it.

Think about more schooling or college to begin with. It is always good to have a back-up. If you can afford it try to get in and do something different, so that the next time this happens you are not so bad off. Most states will pay for some schooling if you need to get some, or even a type-rating.

Keep your heads up everyone. Fly because you love it, this attitude will make any job fun!

- In this industry especially a "back-up" or "alternative"plan appears to be a must.... Time is going to help most out though since it is just a matter of time before the industry as a whole rebounds from this downhill slide (I hope)

cheers
3 5 0

I don't know about you, but over the years when flying got sparse, I've dug ditches, taught high school, worked in law enforcement, worked in a greenhouse, driven a truck, scrubbed supermarket floors, refinished wood floors, worked in a rubber stamp factory, serviced ATM's as an armed gaurd, worked on an ambulance and fought fire, worked in a candy factory warehouse, turned wrenches, drilled rapseseed, and a few other things, too.

What about not flying?

What about not breathing?

I'm really tired of hearing about this "box" and thinking in or out of it. Yuppie logic. Think, period. Do, period. There is no box.

This is not yuppie logic. This is a different view of how to live. What I am saying is that it is good to have a something else to fall on. I never said stop flying. Even if I got my job back with the commuters, I will fly because I love it, and at $18,000 a year it might be nice to have advanced education for a decent part time job so I could eat. You see flying is not work for me, it is vacation. Think about how you view flying!

Latest resources

Back