• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What about Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone at Colgan know if we're back to hiring through normal channels or still doing the PFT deal? What happened with the Saab class from a few weeks back? Heard all kinds of rumors, but nothing solid.

Haven't seen any new info on the crew site... seems like I get all my gouge here.:confused:

I also heard they were doing the PFT for 1900. Anybody know?

Last I heard, we are hiring through "regular" means as well. What is actually happening, I do not know.

The Saab class that started a few weeks back should be finishing up sim training soon.

I think the PFT will be for the Beech as well, but I don't think they have hired into it yet. Not sure though.

I have a friend who is at Tab Express and he told me that Colgan came to Tab and asked for some resumes and people who would be interested in Pft'ing into the Beech 1900. They were all frothing at the mouth. Sorry suckers.

Amazing that people with that amount of time (65 multi) could even think of an airline job. What kind of B.S. are they feeding you at these job fairs. Try paying your dues first.

generaltso said:
I know people who have gotten on at UAL with less than 100 hours ME. There are lots of them, and they are not all women.

If that is the case, why aren't UAL planes falling out of the sky because of the inexperienced pilots.

Guess what - hours don't mean jack... experience and quality of training is what counts.

I know someone who interned for UAL and got hired without his commercial ME rating and about 700TT. He was not a minority or disadvantaged person so don't even start down that road. Funny thing was several of the other interns working with him didn't even bother applying. Last I saw him which was a few years ago he was a 737 captain.
He was a graduate of a good public university with a strong aviation department.
The training at UAL I'm sure was excellent and is probably the reason that UA was able to integrate the low timers.

Hours do mean something. Experience and quality of training is fine and good but they are not substitutes for experience. Military pilots may not have an impressive amount of hours but their flying is very structured and they tend do be a very disciplined bunch of airmen. A big part of the total airmanship equation is discipline, along with skill and proficiency.

Colgan is another story. PFT is one of the main reasons for the disparity between mainline and regional pay. If they hire the guy with 65 ME hours solely on his merits that's great, but my view on PFT is pretty clear. There are plenty of well qualified furloughees out there and there is no reason for a guy with 65 hours of ME time to be taking that seat just because he happens to have 10 grand burnng a hole in his pocket.

I heard the amount of 18 grand was thrown around for the Tab guys. Is that usual? Seems a little pricey to me. Oh wait, a dime sounds too pricey. Pricks.

I just pulled the 10 grand figure off the top of my head. Back in early 90's most of the PFT jobs were 10 or 12 grand which was about what they paid for the first year. In some places they call that indentured servitude. I guess with inflation and suckers 18K might be the going rate..

Desiday who the F*** you think you are by telling someone to pay their dues first... I have worked my way through school as well as paying for all of my ratings thru the CFI. I'm just trying to find the most effective way to the airlines the shortest way possible. I have a family to support and cannot continue this CFI sh*t to much longer or I will definately be homeless. I left a job paying 3 times the amount of money that I will make at any regional airline for the first 3 years. But to get to where I want to be I need I need 500hrs twin-turbine PIC. If that means paying for training to get ahead of the next man then so be it.... If anyone has a problem with that then I will gladly do it the conventional way if you would send me half you check to support me and my family...If you cannot do that or help me make a good decision by giving me the info i asked for then (Kiss MY ASS) If I wanted to be insulted i could have went to many other places. Freightdog75 Tab Express is providing PFT in the 1900's and Regional Airline Academy is providing PFT for the Saab. It is very expensive camparing to the salary you will be paid the first few years.

the price

The price went up last month for colgan, the school, that i go tried to push the p[rogram for a fee of $24,000. dollars afetr offiering it to the instructors for 18,000.00

You have got to be kidding meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. if you are going to bend some one over at least give them a kiss.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back