• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What a Joke!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll be sure to say "Hi" to Doug Miner whenever I check on with SLC from now on.

To the folks actually ON the scope, thanks for on the good work!

I'll be sure to say "Hi" to Doug Miner whenever I check on with SLC from now on.

To the folks actually ON the scope, thanks for on the good work!

One of Atlanta's best retires at the end of the month. So long Buzz, and a good day.

Buzz is definitely one of the good ones.. sad to see him go..
hope to catch him a cpl more times on the radio before he unplugs his headset for the last time.
certainly wish him the best in his retirement

clearly a management maneuver during contract talks. ie: make something out of nothing.

one of the few things left in this industry is the comradery and kindness shown throughout to each person on the FRONT LINES.

i try to be professional in my radio communication. but i also try to apply some humanity to a lot of situations while remaining professional.

besides...how do you punish people from LDS country?

Years ago while on my way to a wreckage inspection with the FAA and NTSB in my personal airplane weather did not improve as forecast. The airport I needed to get into was not served by an approach. However, VFR conditions existed underneath the cloud deck. The choices seemed to be (1) divert and miss the meeting I was supposed to conduct, or (2) bust through a cloud layer in mountainous terrain below the minimum vectoring altitude to get to VFR below. I had decided on option 1 and was calling ATC to arrange the divert.

Buzz was working Memphis Ctr covering for short staffing one afternoon and I was surprised to hear his voice on the radio. He suggested shooting the approach at the diversion airport to get beneath the overcast, then flying up the valley to the intended destination in the clear.

Obviously an excellent idea. I'm sure ATC management would have disapproved, but it was a handy suggestion and worked out well to safely get the mission accomplished.

Buzz is simply the best controller I've ever encountered. They should have a bronze statute of the guy next to the Jefferson Memorial.

ATL controller suck. They are the most unfriendly, unhelpful, jerks I have every heard answer back on the radio.

ATL center, approach, tower, ground, and clnc bit me!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back