• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

What a great day

pilotyip

Total Time
Flew the last C-47 flight of the year. We did the $50 hamburger run to Grosse Isle, MI (Former NAS Grosse Isle where I joined the Navy 43 years ago this month) The sky was clear, the temps perfect, the winds light, we took a dozen museum members down to the airport restaurant. Made a perfect greaser landing, so I can rest through the winter on laurels of my last nearly perfect landing. This is after getting a little cocky the last time I flew and tired doing a three-pointer, which was very ugly, so back to not so glamorous wheel landing. BTW I wore my McCain pin on my flight suit.

DC3Flyer

Total Time
After spending 1000 hours in the 3 I will tell you that unless you're near the aft CG limit, three point landings will not work. Wheel landings are the way to go in the old bird. My old chief pilot who has about 10,000 hours in one will also agree with this.

Cat3C

Total Time
enough
Flew the last C-47 flight of the year. We did the $50 hamburger run to Grosse Isle, MI (Former NAS Grosse Isle where I joined the Navy 43 years ago this month) The sky was clear, the temps perfect, the winds light, we took a dozen museum members down to the airport restaurant. Made a perfect greaser landing, so I can rest through the winter on laurels of my last nearly perfect landing. This is after getting a little cocky the last time I flew and tired doing a three-pointer, which was very ugly, so back to not so glamorous wheel landing. BTW I wore my McCain pin on my flight suit.

Nice story YIP and nice job as well. There have been some amazing flying days this October and I can only imagine flying a 3 down the St. Clair River past Harsons Island and down the lake to Grosse Isle. I can only hope you flew slow to enjoy the machine and the sights.