What 737 - do they study

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Delurry

Just have a quick question what is the plane used during initial training. Is it 200 series or what?

Thank you

If you are inquiring about SWA it is my understanding that you study and learn them all (-300, -500, -700). I believe you can opt-in for the 200 but it is no longer required. Maybe someone else can confirm all of this.

Having just returned from the schoolhouse, both posts are correct.

As I was told by an Instructor, initial is based on the -300 with a
-700 differences day.

If you bid and are awarded HOU or DAL, you will be given -200 training.

99% of the pilots currently on SWA's seniority list have flown the -200. Comments concerning the merits of the aircraft in today's environment vary widely.

The -200's retirement began with a geographic consolidation program, hence the HOU and DAL base restrictions. Eventually, the -200 will be phased out ( I think we have 24 +-2 of them still flying); with the -300 comprising the bulk of our fleet for a short time. If the 'rumored firm orders' materialize, it won't be too long until the -700 is the dominant type.

A side note; the -300s are being readied for a glass cockpit (different than the current -700) conversion with the -700s scheduled shortly thereafter. The demo slides we were shown are impressive, specifically a display of our position on the 10-9 Jepp page.

Latest resources

Back