• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whale Wars?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I saw one episode where Greenpeace was in the same area. They, as it was indicated, don't really advocate the use of the same tactics as the fat slob on the Steve Irwin.

Ask them what there ideas are.

By the way, it bothers me endlessly that "captain" Watson (is that right?) won't ever close his mouth when he breathes. He always just sits or stands there looking like a fat idiot breathing through his mouth.

Also, I just remembered that in one episode the Dutch g'vt called them and told them to knock it off. Apparently they sail under their (Dutch, as I recall) flag and have been told to stop using their ship as a platform from which to assault other ships. So now they have to use the zodiacs.

Last edited:
So you would rather see unlicensed "captains" with non-professional crews roving the oceans ramming ships to protect whales??

Why yes, yes I would like to see that. It makes for great entertainment!

Last edited:
Then enlighten me as to how you would protect endangered species?

I don't have to have a plan to protect endangered species. It's not that I don't care, but there are greater problems on this earth than whaling...that's a fact. If they can get what they need from other sources, they certainly should!

Protecting "endangered species" isn't the issue here. I'm MUCH more concerned about having a rogue "captain" (in name only, he's not licensed) ram fishing vessels and endanger the lives of his crew as well as those on the victim ship. He's already breached the hull of his ship once, who knows what he's done off-camera. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I place greater value on a human life.

Those Japanese fishermen are professional (or at least to a greater degree than the "Sea Shepards") sailors. They won't put up with this "captain's" shenanigans forever...

Why yes, yes I would like to see that. It makes for great entertainment!

Yeah, I agree. I didn't want to admit it, but if I'm flipping through channels and see a bunch of yahoos recklessly slamming their ship into other ships (and then cheering)...I'm going to watch!

They're idiots with an incompetent, misguided leader and they are going to do serious harm to persons and property before they are finally arrested (or worse), but I am still going to watch...

They're idiots with an incompetent, misguided leader and they are going to do serious harm to persons and property before they are finally arrested (or worse), but I am still going to watch...

Wow, you just perfectly described the Bush administration under Cheney.

I think it better describes the Obama admin (zero experience, slo-mo car crash)...but this thread is about Whale Wars, not politics.

Latest resources

Back