• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whale Wars?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it better describes the Obama admin (zero experience, slo-mo car crash)...but this thread is about Whale Wars, not politics.

Sorry, I couldn't resist and for the record I disagree with anyone who prevents the killing of whales because whale meat makes a good roast and their ambergris helps me ward off the plague and keeps my libido healthy.

If you ever stop in Narsarsuaq, Greenland (BGBW) stay the night in the hotel and have the Greenlandic Buffet or just order yourself some whale it's yummy!

The show really maked me laugh as well. If you are for the cause of fighting these whalers (and why wouldn't you be), then please do not give your money to this bunch of fumbling bafoons.

It's not just the incompetence of it all, it is the lack of vision on their part to even train people to use all the equipment on board properly. The only requirement to join the crew of this ship seems to be passion. Well, ok, cute and all, but in the real world a certain measure of competence would be nice. And training. And preparation. And leadership. Ok, I'll stop.

A good laugh though!

Around the world, it is just about only the japanese and the norwegians who believe they have the "right" to do "research" by killing whales.

There is no "research" being done, except for the important "whale is a delicacy" program.

Watched the collision episode last night. Notice it was Paul actually at the wheel and not Peter or one of the others. Seemed to me he didn't want any others there in case of an actual collision or thought he could do it better. Several shots showed him trying to turn the wheel with little response. Maybe some of you (if any) larger vessel skippers could answer this. As two large ships get close like that, is it possible that they could be sucked together being in close proximity with the helm being unresponsive? I know about the the underway replenishment with the navy but they are much farther apart than the Sea Shepard and #3.

Watched the collision episode last night. Notice it was Paul actually at the wheel and not Peter or one of the others. Seemed to me he didn't want any others there in case of an actual collision or thought he could do it better. Several shots showed him trying to turn the wheel with little response. Maybe some of you (if any) larger vessel skippers could answer this. As two large ships get close like that, is it possible that they could be sucked together being in close proximity with the helm being unresponsive? I know about the the underway replenishment with the navy but they are much farther apart than the Sea Shepard and #3.

That's because he already had the wheel turned as far as it would go. The rudder was at its full limit and the wheel was on it's stop. The reason why the ship wouldn't turn is because he had the bow pinned against the stern of the other ship. It looked kind of like he was wrenching on the wheel in desperation.

I thought that too but it might have been they way the show was edited. Looked like he was trying to come left prior to impact...

Yeah I thought it was ridiculous how they edited that sequence. They kept showing the same shots over and over and out of sequence. It was over dramatized and confusing.

Latest resources

Back