Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grey Ghost

God Bless America!
What is your opinion about Westwind school of aeronautics in phoenix? is it a good program?

I like it. I know a lot of people that have gotten where they want to go from it. Main diff. from others it the atmosphere. Training is really good too.

I was there, and was terribly unimpressed.......intructors unprofessional, and not held to a high standard. I was milked in every way you could think of over at westwind. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT. I've been at 5 schools, I ran as fast as I could from westwind. As long as you go in very wary, and aware of peoples intentions over there, you can make it work to your advantage.

I was there, and was terribly unimpressed.......intructors unprofessional, and not held to a high standard. I was milked in every way you could think of over at westwind. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT. I've been at 5 schools, I ran as fast as I could from westwind. As long as you go in very wary, and aware of peoples intentions over there, you can make it work to your advantage.

If you've been at 5 schools already, maybe its not the schools?:uzi:

Well considering I was absolutely completely impressed with 3 out of the 5 schools I was at, I am thinking it had a lot to do with the school and its quality. To add to that, the other school I wasnt completely happy with, the only reason I wasnt completely satisfied was b/c it was too expensive. But thanks for the smart_ss comment anyways.

You must work there or something getting so defensive about the place......

Relax, calm down! Don't be so angry! :angryfire I was just curious why you have switched to so many different schools? thats all! good luck to you!

I loved it there but given the desperate need for pilots I would get your ratings as cheap as possible and try to go to a mediocre Regional(one with low mins) and move on from there. I am sure this post will piss off some people.

Latest resources

Back