Westwind

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Frac Daddy

I was just curious: Anyone out there operate a Westwind? I am just curious to know the advantages and disadvantages of this aircraft. It seems like a great performer for a light jet.

Did some PT work in a bagelbus a few years back. Cheap to acquire, cheap to operate, lots of bang for your buck. Flies decent, although takeoff roll 10 inches from the ground felt kinda weird.

Performance is great when you're light, but try coming out off Denver's BJC airport on a 90 degree day...

Well, that's my view.

Oh yes, one more: OOOOOOH THERE UGLY....

FF

They're cheap and ugly, but give a lot of bang for the buck. 5+ hours gas at 420knots, seating for 9 (belted potty); I've seen them go out of 3000' strips. The bad is simply the cost to maintain, the spare parts for out of production airplanes is getting smaller and smaller. The airplane's going to be down for at least 3 months if you lose an ACM. Plus RVSM for the WW24 is going to cost over $175,000.

In short if you’re going to operate them, finding a good knowledgeable WW24 mechanic is key!

good airplane for the owners...lotsa bang for the buck...
but it is a real piece of crap as far as pilots are concerned....

but like I say...if it pays the bills!!!......

I just always had concern about that oxygen thing.......never any real answers....scary..

carte blanche to mother Israel I guess....

We just installed a slow opening valve on our WWI.

I think the ole bird flies OK, lots of room for the crew, LOL, compared to a LR-Jet, really though, I think its a pretty nice airplane.

Have to get used to the funky systems, or just understand them better. That AC system, someone was really thinking hard on that one!

Thanks for the info guys. Too bad about the parts thing. I wonder why nobody builds a light jet that can go coast-to-coast(at least eastbound) anymore. I guess we'll have to wait until the SJ30 comes out.

Latest resources

Back