Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CelticCitation

Larry Wannabe
Anyone have any numbers for a Westwind II out of Jackson Hole? Say 20C with four people? Looking at a management deal, and have no experience with the equipment. Any other info would be appreciated.

CC

ditchpilot

I've been running WWII for years. Great plane but not very good for high and hot. We opperate out of TEX in the summer and stop at either MTJ or PUB to fuel up.

Thanks Ditch,

Any chance of making the Chicago area with three adults out of Jackson Hole or Sun Valley?

Anyone have any numbers for a Westwind II out of Jackson Hole? Say 20C with four people? Looking at a management deal, and have no experience with the equipment. Any other info would be appreciated.

CC

I just broke out my old WW checklist and can give you some rough numbers. Someone with an ultranav can do much better but here it is:

At: 6,000 ft PA (I know, JAC is 6400)
20 deg C
12 deg flaps
and unpressurized T.O.

The max weight would be 19,500 lbs
Your BFL is going to be 6100 ft (Rwy at JAC is 6300)

At 19,500 lbs, and 4 pax (200 each), this is only 4,300 lbs of fuel (total). We used to use 2,000 lbs for reserves, so this gives you a little over an hour of flying (using 13,500 lb. BOW)

Hope this helps you out.

The II gives you quite a bit better high altitude performance than the I, but that's not saying much. The Westwind is just not a high and hot airplane. It is great for many things but not this.

The numbers aren't great for 20C, so think how they are for 30C.

If you want to fly out of the mountains in the summer, you either need to accept the need for a fuel stop or get another airplane. Although considering the cost of the alternatives, maybe the fuel stop isn't so bad.

Thanks for the info guys, looks like a less than ideal hot and high, but the next closest jet with the cabin size is at least a million more.

I like the WWI better, less dutch roll. The WWII can be pretty annoying. WW's are a great value.

for what its worth we fly out of KASE once or twice a month year round, we rarely need a fuel stop. Those flights are 800NM ish. 2 pax lots of bags

Also with good weather I use 1500#'s reserve.

My fuel burns are 1800, 1400, 1400, 1400, 1200.

hope this helps

Latest resources

Back