• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Westwind for air ambulance

Capt1124

Total Time
I have a Westwind I would like to use for air ambulance flights.

I'm not sure if it will work though because it has some cabinetry by the door which most Westwinds don't have. The relatively small door (compared to a Lear or a Citation with the extra wide door) is a problem to begin with; a guy who flew a Westwind on air ambulance told me they used a sort of slig or hammock to get the patient into the airplane.

How wide is the stretcher that's normally used and how wide does the door and the aisle in the cabin need to be to get the stretcher in?

Consigliere
Total Time
-
Lots of WW24's are used for Air Ambulance. I never had a problem with the entry way and patients. You'll find a way to throw the patients in.

The only problem I ever had was loading a pump for an oil rig, we had to take the door off to load it. Apparently every hour this pump wasn't on the rig was costing an oil company $100,000.