Westwind Co-Pilot Wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
User997 said:
That his friend has further cheapened the pilot industry, which results in making it harder and harder for us real pilots to make a decent living in this industry.

My friend does have a ME so he was able to log the SIC jet time. I thought some of you pilots would get a kick out of him quickly figuring out he stumpled upon a way to get SIC jet time for 100.00 per hour. I wonder how many other pilots would have done the same thing?

I still think that Part 135 Chief Pilot is a piece of work. A few months later I saw another ad in the LA Times by that same company, this time he was offering to trade pilot time in a Citation for a new car. This captain doesn't even own the aircraft, he is only the chief pilot, the jets are owned by other business men, so he was using their asset for his own personal gain. I wondered if anyone ever took him up on his offer.

Was I the only one that was thinking, this kid should've been PAID $3,000 for the trip. After all,this kid was doing the Chief a favor by giving him a warm body to fill the seat. If he hadn't found anyone, he couldn't have made the trip.

Thats like my car breaking down, and me calling the mechanic and asking if he wants to pay ME to work on and fix my car.

Only in aviation...

yeah for real. I hate stories like this. If you occupy a seat that has to be filled you must be paid for it. Otherwise your doing yourself and the industry a diservice by taking a job away from a brother pilot.

Now if its just a ride along that doesnt normally require a right seater imho thats different but to fill a seat that should go to a contract pilot is tantamount to being a scab (even though its technically not, I cant think of an appropriate word).

All it does is screw the industry for the rest of us and beside who wants to do captain toolbox a favour?? It only allows him to get away with it again!.

anyway thats my rant.

I'm still trying to figure out how they did the trip. Especially since France is so friendly to " N " numbered aircraft. Not only does he need a westwind type rating but his medical has to match also and that means a First class. That is the latest wrinkle in ramp checks in France that was designed to get uder the skin of american pilots. Either they never got ramped or someone is full of _hit!

... he stumpled upon a way to get SIC jet time for 100.00 per hour. ...

No -- we don't get a kick out of this. Somebody should have been paid $100 per hour for this time -- and that somebody should have been the pilot in the right seat, not the "Chief Pilot."

Well they don't call it the Canoe for nothing.

User997 said:
That his friend has further cheapened the pilot industry, which results in making it harder and harder for us real pilots to make a decent living in this industry.

Right on.....

Latest resources

Back