• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West Coast turns to Hawaii under new rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there is no drive by ALPA to turn this crap down there will be a move to drive them off the property of the soon to be largest airline. Count on it. Let them collect regional dues dammit.

I'd vote them out right now if I had the chance. They cannot fairly represent the regionals and the majors at the same time.

The max flight time is 10 hours. Hawaii turns in 737s. Not a chance. 777/767...maybe but I think they would Lose most of the gains in added fuel costs.

not if the turn permits the aircraft to depart on another flight from the west coast upon return (i.e the increase in revenue generated by the increase in aircraft utilization as opposed to sitting in Hawaii)

It can be worse certain times of the year. ATA used to do turns on the L10 and B75 (until they figured it was cheaper to RON). Toyed with B737 turns. L10 crews worked 8 days per month, 80+ hrs, and there was always open time. It was a Hawaii triangle too. (LAX/SFO - OGG - HNL - LAX/SFO). Even at M.84 it was a long day. NOT commutable. Then there's the redeye HI turns. Augmented or not, good luck with that!

Are you guys really pissed that we aren't keeping our old rules?

If our new rules said we could only work one day a week, but had to work that day EVERY week of the year, there'd be some a$$ clown who'd bitch about it.

Holy crap, you mean my Hawaii turns won't be any different than they used to be, but I'm guaranteed a little more rest? Damnit!

Latest resources

Back