West Coast Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hgi2006

How are things at West Coast Charters? Are the pilots still way overworked and way underpaid? Do they have a Chief Pilot who has been there more than six months yet? :laugh: I am debating applying if things have improved.

PM Nopax...he's the Director of Safety and King Air training Captain. He'll know, he's a good friend of mine!

Tex

PM Nopax...he's the Director of Safety and King Air training Captain. He'll know, he's a good friend of mine!

Tex

How many King Airs do they have over there now? How many are Pro Line 21 equipped? That King Air 350 with Prol Line 21 is a great airplane and perfect for the LA-ASE or LA-TEX or LA-Tahoe runs.

How many hours do those guys fly per month on average? What is the starting salary for SIC/PICs these days?

Like I said...PM Nopax, he knows a lot more than I do on WCC. All I know is their close to 30 aircraft on certificate now. As far as salary, average monthly flying, ect......I haven't the slightest clue. I'll bet you a dollar that the 1st year pay isn't worth moving to OC for.

If you want info on the company I fly for just south of those guys down here in good ol' Carlsbad...that's info I can provide you w/ via PM!

Last i heard there is a new chief pilot as of about 4 months ago, last one walked out. I think captain pay was finally bumped to right at $50K. Junior captains fly about 20-22 days a month. When i was there 6 months ago i think there were 3 or 4 BE350s that were shares aircraft and proline equipped. They probably have more now.

Last i heard there is a new chief pilot as of about 4 months ago, last one walked out. I think captain pay was finally bumped to right at $50K. Junior captains fly about 20-22 days a month. When i was there 6 months ago i think there were 3 or 4 BE350s that were shares aircraft and proline equipped. They probably have more now.

Sounds like you departed the company too. Why such a high attrition rate? Is it merely a training ground for other opportunities (fractional, regionals, etc.)?

Latest resources

Back