• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Were you hired with a Violation?

cougar6903

Total Time
>2000
Since someone brought up the DUI question, has anyone been hired with a violation or after a accident where the PIC was blamed? I know a lot of the low time jobs like banner towing and jumper flying have a higher chance of getting one on your rec.

Lead Sled

Sitt'n on the throne...
Total Time
> enuf
Let's put it this way - you've got one position open; there are 500 resumes on your desk from qualified individuals; one of those individuals has a violation. You do the math. During times like these, chief pilots are looking for excuses to whittle down the stack - if you know what I mean.

That's not to say that you can't get hired, but your networking skills had better be impeccable. Operating under that kind of handicap, it will definitely be "who" not "what" you know.

'Sled

Last edited:

Lead Sled

Sitt'n on the throne...
Total Time
> enuf
Oops, double post. Dang, I hate when that happens.

Last edited:

silver02ex

Total Time
5500+
I know of pilots who were hired as a CFI with an accident on their record, I think it depends on the company, and how bad they need new pilots.