• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

We're Takin It Back!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now how to fix this? You can't. Dave Behnke and the founders blew it and you can't put the genie back in the bottle after 75 years.

How did they blow it? An up start union didn't make a monumental power grab? What they did do is join the AFL-CIO (good move) and make political freinds with Mayor F. LaGuardia and President Roosevelt!

We will always be a loose association with big mouths and very little power in the grand scheme. Which is why guys like me that once thought they'd "fix the union" have retired from politics and become one of the rank and file again.

are you sure your expectations are aligned properly? What did you think you were going to fix? The RLA? 100+ years of American culture? Free market capitalism? Those are pretty ambitious changes...

You'll realize this one day too.

No John. I am not a pessimist/quitter/defeatist who has given into resignation. I realize the deck is stacked against us.... I understand the war will go on forever but there a winnable battles. In addition, you have allowed yourself the luxury of quitting knowing that others will hold the line. You can show up, fly your trip and go home...relatively worry free.... must be nice....

Latest resources

Back