• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Well this was expected...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regionals are just putting off the inevitable; Air midwest has gone as low as anyone can go without actually having an ab initio programs that will probvide a new hire with the required 300 hours. If all the regionals go to these mins the bottom of the barrel will very quickly be scraped and then licked clean.

I go to a pilot factory college and we were told tonight if we walked in the door with the mins and a semi-clean rap sheet, we would be hired at Continental Express. We were on a tour of the training facility.

I am going to have to call b.s. on this one. Someone is JUST encouraging you....

This is quite possible on the 1900... Being based on the King Air, Single pilot certification is possible on the type, though obviously not while carrying pax. However, a captain can truly fly the aircraft solo, with a 300 hr pile of ballast in the right seat. I wouldn't expect to see larger aircraft minimums drop quite so low... I see 500 hrs as the minimum for most other props and RJs

I am going to have to call b.s. on this one. Someone is JUST encouraging you....

Well, unfortunately, he's probably right. While it's not a guaranteed job, unless you tell some racist jokes or talk politics and religion during your interview, you're likely going to get hired at XJT. The pool of qualified applicants is 0. Now, just like everywhere else, we are scraping the bottom as well. The best (sarcasm on high) part is that he'll be a captain here in less than 2 years.

Looks like Mesa is hurtin' for 1900 drivers for their Air Midwest ops in the worst way...

This was just posted in the last couple days on a collegiate aviation job site:

"BE-1900 Pilots at Air Midwest are on the Mesa Air Group seniority list and are eligible to bid Captain upgrades at Air Midwest, Freedom Air, Mesa Airlines or Go! on the BE-1900, ERJ and CRJ. All Mesa Air Group pilots are represented by the Air Line Pilots Association. Resumes are being accepted by the Air Midwest Director of Operations Kevin Rowse. His email address is [email protected] or can be faxed to 602-225-1437. Requirements are Commercial AMEL with an instrument rating. Air Midwest does NOT require pay for training and pay begins on the first day of ground school. New hires are required to pay for their own hotel until completion of ground school. Pilot bases are currently AHN, CDC, CHS, COU, DUJ, FMN, GCK, HOB, JBR, JLN, LNS, MCI, MCK, MSS, MWA, PIT, SLN, and VIS."

And the downward spiral continues...

Bring your own Ramen and a "sleeping board".

I know Mesa has a training contract on the jet side, do they have one for the props? If so, then some a newhire will be stuck in the right seat there for one year or pay up.

This sort of hiring is going on for the shiny tubes as well. Some of the captains at Trans States were saying there are a few 250-300hr newhires. Can anyone back this up?

This sort of hiring is going on for the shiny tubes as well. Some of the captains at Trans States were saying there are a few 250-300hr newhires. Can anyone back this up?

Yeah, but from Flight Safety's Direct Track program. I doubt they are taking street-hires with 250-300 hrs.

Yeah, but from Flight Safety's Direct Track program. I doubt they are taking street-hires with 250-300 hrs.

Yes TSA is hiring guys with 250 to 300 hours. NO they are NOT comming from flight safety and they are comming from off the street. One new hire on IOE after landing at IAD shooting an ILS pretty close to mins "wow that was cool that was the first time I've ever shot an approach in real instrument conditions."

I was talking to a sim instructor and he said that his last set of new hires the "experieced" guy was about 300 total with 40 multi. The "low time" guy was just under 300 total with 20 multi. We are pretty much past the bottom of the barrel and have lifted the barrel up off the ground to try to get any crumbs that might be stuck under the barrel. Capts are basically being paid to babysit and fly single and a half pilot most of the time. (on a side note a few of the new guys are actaully pretty good and can hold thier own. Most of them arent so good and are scaring the crap outta guys on the line)

Yes TSA is hiring guys with 250 to 300 hours. NO they are NOT comming from flight safety and they are comming from off the street. One new hire on IOE after landing at IAD shooting an ILS pretty close to mins "wow that was cool that was the first time I've ever shot an approach in real instrument conditions."

I was talking to a sim instructor and he said that his last set of new hires the "experieced" guy was about 300 total with 40 multi. The "low time" guy was just under 300 total with 20 multi. We are pretty much past the bottom of the barrel and have lifted the barrel up off the ground to try to get any crumbs that might be stuck under the barrel. Capts are basically being paid to babysit and fly single and a half pilot most of the time. (on a side note a few of the new guys are actaully pretty good and can hold thier own. Most of them arent so good and are scaring the crap outta guys on the line)

You back in the left seat yet? And what of your old sim partner from MEM?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back