Well, I got my multi!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

QuasarZ

I am happy to say I am now a Commercial Multi-Engine instrument pilot! I did my training in traverse city MI, very nice place. Ill try to give a run down on what happened

We start out with the oral which was only about 20min consisting of systems information, Vmc, Vspeeds, weight/balance, T/O & landing distance, and engine out scenarios. Then we hop into the plane, (PA-23) and as I sit down a da*m bee stings me on my back. I realize it wont get better anytime soon so I just deal with it and go on our way.

We takeoff, head north and did some airwork.. Steep turns, slow flight, stalls, Vmc demo, engine shutdown and restart. Then go to a little uncontrolled field and do crosswind T/o and lands, short field T/O and land, eninge out landings from base, and from final. Then we left there and headed back over to TVC with the foggles on and shot the ILS down to circling mins. on one engine then we broke it off proceeded downwind, base to final and landed un-eventfully

Overall, it was a good time, and great learning expericne. It was a blast!

Congrats! It's always good to get a check ride behind you successfully. The bee sting had to be distracting. Terrorist bee? ;)

Amish RakeFight said:
How do you have so much level D sim time?

A few family members work for the airlines... but the only time I logged was that in the BE-1900 which we have at my school for a class

Awesome. Soubnds like you'll be well prepared and connected when its time to interview.

Glad to hear your MEL ride went well too. Was it a local 61 school? I did mine at ALLATPS and flew 10 hours in under 3 days and took advantage of the unlimited seminole sim time. Pretty nice too. It had CRT gauges (really just a panel cut out of dials over a monitor) but the sim was set up exactly like the plane itself. It was a big help in the procedures, although I crashed once after I cut my fuel selctor unexepectly during the approach while just inside the OM. So much going on, I lost it!

yea, it was Called Traverse Air.. really nice guy. All he does is multi and sea plane ratings. www.traverseair.com
I did 7 hours in two days, and on the second day in the evening did my ride for 1.3

Latest resources

Back