Welcome to Bushworld.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BornAgainPagan said:
In other words, this is a euphemism for "agree with me or you're an idiot." Compelling, real compelling.
:D

Nope....actually, when a liberal calls a conservative "closed minded," that's code language for "you should agree with me, but since you don't, I'll just throw out an insult."

CLCAP,

Of course left wingers like yourself are going to spew venom at her, she exposes you for what you are...

I read the reviews and not one of them disputes the factualk basis of the book with facts.

They certainly EXPRESSED THEIR OPINIONS, but they did not dispute the facts in the book.

Let me know when you can disprove any of the facts in the book.

Until then, feel free to express your anger at being wrong.

Bart, here are some of her factual errors. See if you can dispute any.

http://www.whatliberalmedia.com/apndx_1.htm

http://www.spinsanity.org/columns/20020713.html

And what is it exactly she exposes me as being? (you are using the word left winger as if it was a synonym for "moron"....well with the population of this country fairly evenly split - do you REALLY want to live in a country where half of the people are morons? Maybe you should move...... :) )

Last edited:
Yes, if someone agrees with you about Ann Coulter, they should move. They should move to France.

Keep on posting websites featuring articles with no grounds for their chattering charges.

As for the notion that the country is "divided," and that liberal opinions equal conservative opinions in number or percentage, my friend, that's just a poll. I wouldn't get excited about that.

Maureen Dowd wrote the Bushworld piece becasue she has so little to go on. Families don't want their loved ones coffins used a chips in a political game played by the liberal media, so Bush is a bad guy to them for banning the photos and taking away one of their "power chips." People still would vote for Bush over Kerry in swing states, so she had to "do something." Like so many liberal "journalists," she makes her living doing this, as do the folks that run websites, make "independent films" and print T-shirts. Don't confuse this activity with the hearts and minds of the American people, or mistake this stuff for substantive politcal discourse. It's just my old party in "self destruct" mode.

Nothing to be worried about at all.

Timebiulder, usually you do better than that!

So in your opinion - anyone that disagrees with Ann's book or our current government shoud move to France? (And what's your problem with France? Both them and Germany said that there were not enough evidence for WMD's and their DEMOCRATICALLY elected oficcials decided not to participate in a war that proved to be based on false assertions)

Way to go! Maybe everyone that's not a hardcore, fanatic neocon, ultraconservative christian like you should get their citizenship revoked! You'll have your Ein Land, Ein folk, Ein fuhr....(my right hand starts rising - I haic ic wen ic zaz zat...) ..uhh mean One people one country one leader.......

And yes...that's "just" a poll....but I bet your divine inspiration has told you otherwise....and why should we not all just trust that...

Last edited:
I guess I just still have my sense of humor, and you are sputtering personal attacks.

Telling. Very telling.

Of course not, and now we know why: In her book "Treason," Ann Coulter reveals that her role model is Joe McCarthy. And her grasp of facts is even worse than her judgment..

Ah. Another liberal opinion.

Riveting.

That clicking sound is the author's pen. It appears that he is out of ammo.

oh buoy....

....you just can't get enough of this.

meri....please be serious...just because you do a google search for something and you get hits on it....does not mean that it is "fact". You were joking I hope.
As for all of your "documented facts"...lets take a closer look shall we?

quote:
" In Bushworld, we can create an exciting Iraqi democracy as long as it doesn't control its own military, pass any laws or have any power. "

I think everyone has heard Bush repeatedly state that the transfer of power will take place as scheduled. There is an Iraqi governing council in place...for some time now. Iraqi military and police are participating in raids and arrests and battles every day and have been for several months.

quote:
"In Bushworld, it was worth going to war so Iraqis could express their feelings ("Down With America!") without having their tongues cut out, although we cannot yet allow them to express intemperate feelings in newspapers ("Down With America!") without shutting them down"

As this reads it sounds as if all Iraqis are crowding the streets shouting "down with America"...this clearly is not the case. What the mainstream media won't show you...EVER....are the unbelievable good changes that have been made in Iraq. Do a google search on that. A newspaper run by a radical cleric is shut down to prevent more RADICAL movements from gaining momentum. Sounds logical to me.

quote:
" In Bushworld, it's OK to run for re-election as the avenger of 9-11, even as you make secret deals with the Arab kingdom where most of the 9-11 hijackers came from. "

This is an interesting bit of speculation that comes from the attempt to portray any dealings that we might have with Saudia Arabia as sinister and secret. Anyone who knows anything about that country knows that the general population is so far removed from the ruling class that it would be a hard stretch to connect the men with Saudi backgrounds involved in 9/11 to the kingdoms ruling family. This is conspiracy at the very least. Not even close to fact.

quote:
"In Bushworld, you get to strut around like a tough military guy and paint your rival as a chicken hawk, even though he's the one who won medals in combat and was praised by his superior officers for fulfilling all his obligations. "

What is missing from this "factual" statement is that Kerry served a whopping 4 months in combat and "won" medals with a couple of lame wounds before he high-tailed it out of there. There are plenty of people who served with Kerry including superiors who don't come close to praising him. As for Bush and his obligations...this is a tired rant...still no real evidence that he didn't fulfil his obligations.

quote:
"In Bushworld, you can reign as the antiterror president even after hearing an intelligence report about al-Qaida's plans to attack America and then stepping outside to clear brush. "

So this is fact huh? She is insinuating that Bush KNEW of the impending attack and ignored it to go do yard work. Yeah..thats factual.

quote:
" In Bushworld, they struggle to keep church and state separate in Iraq, even as they increasingly merge the two in America. "

A muslim girl in OK city is allowed to attend school with her religion based head wear...but my son can't pray in school, the principal can't display the 10 commandments in his office...judges are thrown out because they take a stand on the 10 commandments. I thought "merge" meant come together? That statement is enough to make you roll your eyes at Dowd.

quote:
"In Bushworld, imperfect intelligence is good enough to knock over Iraq. But even better evidence that North Korea is building the weapons that Saddam could only dream about is hidden away. "

Give me a break. Every friggin Dem that is barking about the war agreed there was reason enough to go into Iraq to find out and clear out. As for N. Korea...maybe they are farther down the list. Maybe Syria and Iran are next followed by N. Korea.

Do you think Dowd would cheer Bush on if he launched an attack on N. Korea for....as she states...."better evidence"? I think not.

Ok...enough..i'm tired of reading it.

meri...there is very little fact contained in this "opinion" column. This is nothing more than Dowd taking her shots as she is more than welcome to do. For you to flatly state that this is all undeniable fact is just silly.

I hope this was civilized enough for you.

For the record...I think Ann Coulter is a neo-con blow hard. Plus she has a dead eye and is hard to look at. So there.

W

Re: oh buoy....

Dubya said:
quote:
"In Bushworld, you can reign as the antiterror president even after hearing an intelligence report about al-Qaida's plans to attack America and then stepping outside to clear brush. "

So this is fact huh? She is insinuating that Bush KNEW of the impending attack and ignored it to go do yard work. Yeah..thats factual.

What she is referring to here is that fact that Bush was in Crawford on August 6, 2001 when the infamous Presidential Daily Briefing was presented to him. Condi and other White House Officials now state that Bush lit a fire under them to combat this threat. Yet if you look back at the press reports from August, Bush was taking reporters along to show them how he would clear the non-native species of plants from his ranch; clearing brush. Reporters noted no significant increase in activity among cabinet members. In fact, the Director of the CIA was in Washington and not making daily briefings to the President during this time period.

For the record...I think Ann Coulter is a neo-con blow hard. Plus she has a dead eye and is hard to look at. So there.

Is that what the deal is? I knew she looked a little shifty but couldn't put my finger on it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back