Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ralgha said:
http://www.duats.com

This is actually the only site you need, adds.aviationweather.gov is not official.

Let me paraphrase:

I make all my students call WX-BRIEF before each flight (local or x-country)and get a weather briefing. I personally use adds.aviationweather.gov athome and at work. I love the java metar. Gives me a full overview oflower SE Michigan, with what each airport is reporting (seeing as 99% of ourweather at KYIP comes from the west) I can see what is moving our way. Official? No. Useful? Most definitely!
But I still do require students to give me a rundown on what the FSS briefertold them before each flight (this starts after their 2nd time in the air....)

Never been a big fan of adds. duats fan here. Plus as of late with my use of FlightMap, it takes the duats information and gives me the big picture in a very nice layout.

PropsForward said:
Never been a big fan of adds. duats fan here. Plusas of late with my use of FlightMap, it takes the duats information andgives me the big picture in a very nice layout.

How do ya like FlightMap? The way I understand FlightStar is thesame thing only FlightMap gives you a moving map layout on theGPS? So I could just print out the pages on FlightStar instead ofhaving the GPS? Just asking since I'm putting FlightStar on theshort list...

-mini

Latest resources

Back