Weather on a Blackberry?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

timeoff

Anyone know where I can get real time radar and other current weather on my Blackberry? NOAA's site is too large and takes too long.

timeoff said:
Anyone know where I can get real time radar and other current weather on my Blackberry? NOAA's site is too large and takes too long.

We subscribe to GDC and I just loaded their program as a test subject on my blackberry. Very nice. I don't get radar (at least not yet) but I do get full METAR/TAF/NOTAM/D-ATIS/METRO, etc. I can even run flight plans and get my PDC on it.

Try flightplan.com. They have a PDA installation that might work on a blackberry. A co-worker told me about it but I haven't had time to look into it.

2000Flyer

I don't know anything about Blackberries, but I've been using a program called "Pilot Mycast" on my Verizon phone. Very handy. Current radar, text, the whole deal, and pretty easy to use. The only thing I can't seem to find is text data for Convective Sigmets (even though it will present maps of them). 10 bucks a month through Verizon Wireless "Get it now" service. A little pricey, but after I cancelled the Verizon web browser service on my phone (which I never used after the novelty wore off in a few weeks because the weather info wasn't aviation-oriented and awkward to use), it's a fair deal.

Yes, Pilot MyCast is good. I use it on my V710 phone all the time. I check it in the cockpit just before I start up to take that last second look on bad weather days.

I just got Verizon's new Pocket PC cell phone (XV6700). That thing is sweet. Has Wi-Fi and Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 software with a big ol screen. Plays MP3's with stereo output and MPEG4's. Still don't know how to use it though.

Latest resources

Back