Wealth Effect Fuels 55% Surge in New NetJets Owners

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gret

Note the headline of article is very misleading.

There was a 55% increase in owners who have never used NetJets before. Not an increase in customers of 55%. In other words, if 50 "new" owners came in during 2011, then 77.5 came in 2012.

Video is pretty good and you get to see Hansell in action!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100710225

Waiting by the phone for my recall... (I would use the sarcasm font if there was one)

That's actually pretty funny. I hope for you and all the rest of the 495 that it happens sooner rather than later. As a former IOE captain, I did a lot of training on guys and gals that have since been furloughed. It's a shame because most them were very good at the job and fun to be around.

I will NOT vote in favor of any contract that hoses our furloughees. You can take that to the bank.

Thank you cavpilot. I am one of the 495 and made many good friends during my time at netjets. I was impressed by the job our union did while I was there. I'm actually optimistic about NJA and have confidence the NJASAP would never sell us down the river. I base that on the kind of top notch people I worked with before the furlough.

There was a 55% increase in owners who have never used NetJets before. Not an increase in customers of 55%. In other words, if 50 "new" owners came in during 2011, then 77.5 came in 2012.

wholly $**t, giving an interview, answering questions while the BIG BOSS sits there, listening.. talk about pressure

if there's one interview Jordan does not want to screwup, is that one.

This certainly represents what many have seen since January. I think it's fair to mention that this EMT tone is in stark contrast to messaging being delivered to pilots in recurrent. Without question great days lie ahead for Netjets and it's employees both active and furloughed. Again I can't see how the organization will sustain growth, fleet renewal and attrition without recalls occurring sometime in 2014.

Yeah I think attrition spiked up to 1.5% over the last 12 months. They're leaving in droves. :)

Yeah I think attrition spiked up to 1.5% over the last 12 months. They're leaving in droves. :)

People come and go Imacdog. Basic human isntict, leaving on the premise of "the grass is always greener on the other side" is as American as apple pie.. I've heard of people leaving UA, DL and AA for UPS and Fedex, or UPS for Fedex, Alaska for Southwest, etc.

besides trying to keep pilots happy? hell you'd have a better chance at finding a three legged bailarina

Who cares about new owners since the previous year? What about NET new owners? What if more current owners split than new ones came in? They've played this game for years.

You can find the data on the Initech TPS report....

images

Latest resources

Back