We Want Answers!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flibmeister said:
Yes, he did. I have some personal knowledge of that situation, and I can tell you that it cost four posters to that board many thousands of dollars in attorney and settlement fees, not to mention the fact that the BBS was shutdown because of it. And, Avweb ended up being sold to Belvoir-- at what was rumored to be a greatly reduced price, due to the litigation.

Those four posters not only paid dearly for the privilege of calling Mr. Wolk names (and making unfounded allegations against him) in a public forum, they also found themselves making public apologies for their behavior.

BTW, Mr. Wolk donated the proceeds of the lawsuit to charity. It seems his intent was to send a message about what is and isn't acceptable behavior in venues such as this one-- and those of that were involved, however peripherally, received it loud and clear!

Yeah ... the avweb/wolk libel lawsuit. I remember it. One of the defendants was sued for calling wolk (an attorney who has been involved as a plaintiffs attorney in a bunch of high profile liability lawsuits) A "butt-nugget" (or maybe it was a dingleberry) I remember reading the motion which was filed. If I recall correctly, it included a description of what exactly a butt-nugget/dingleberry was (a ball of accumulated feces hanging from hairs around the anus) and the assertion that wolk was not in fact a butt-nugget/dingleberry.

Ummm yeah. A lawsuit. in court. for somone calling him a nasty name.

legitimately protecting his reputation and honor?

or

Abusing the court system to retaliate against someone calling him a bad name?

You decide.

HMR said:
Something I can't figure out is why this board is so hostile.

"Oh it's alright, I'm sure we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right....Mr. Poopy Pants?"

--Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Oh Yeah!

A Squared said:
A "butt-nugget" (or maybe it was a dingleberry) I remember reading the motion which was filed. If I recall correctly, it included a description of what exactly a butt-nugget/dingleberry was (a ball of accumulated feces hanging from hairs around the anus) and the assertion that wolk was not in fact a butt-nugget/dingleberry.

Only on FlightInfo can someone find the definition of butt-nugget. Haha:laugh:

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read in the past few weeks on here!

Thanks A Squared!

HMR said:
Is TDTurbo really going to fly his ice-encrusted 182 over FlightInfo HQ and drop a subpoena because someone said that he and 350driver are lovers? I don't think so.

I bet someone has pictures of this...

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

ePilot22 said:
Only on FlightInfo can someone find the definition of butt-nugget. Haha:laugh:

This has to be one of the funniest things I've read in the past few weeks on here!

Thanks A Squared!

Yeah, now imagine reading that description, and the subsequent straight-faced claim that he was not an actual butt-nugget in an official court document. The only thing that kept me from laughing at the time was the realization that somone was actually wasting the court's time in order to get revenge for getting called a nasty name.

Nice!

A Squared said:
Yeah, now imagine reading that description, and the subsequent straight-faced claim that he was not an actual butt-nugget in an official court document. The only thing that kept me from laughing at the time was the realization that somone was actually wasting the court's time in order to get revenge for getting called a nasty name.

I know. The judge probably felt the same way. He's got a story to tell now!

Stifler's Mom said:
I wonder if they had pictures of actual dingleberry's to prove that the accuser in fact did not resemble one?

http://www.comicverse.com/images/captaindingleberry2.jpg

A Squared said:
Yeah ... the avweb/wolk libel lawsuit. I remember it. One of the defendants was sued for calling wolk (an attorney who has been involved as a plaintiffs attorney in a bunch of high profile liability lawsuits) A "butt-nugget" (or maybe it was a dingleberry) I remember reading the motion which was filed. If I recall correctly, it included a description of what exactly a butt-nugget/dingleberry was (a ball of accumulated feces hanging from hairs around the anus) and the assertion that wolk was not in fact a butt-nugget/dingleberry.

Ummm yeah. A lawsuit. in court. for somone calling him a nasty name.

legitimately protecting his reputation and honor?

or

Abusing the court system to retaliate against someone calling him a bad name?

You decide.

Oh for Chissake! Just call him a POS and be done with it already!!!

Dumbledore said:
Oh for Chissake! Just call him a POS and be done with it already!!!
Yeah, that's essentially what that individual did, and it ended up with him in court defending against a libel suit

Latest resources

Back