• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ways to offset first year pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In a effort to regain some dignity after becoming invoved in this career, I sugest going to Mexico, and sucking d!ck on your off days...to offset the bad pay that we all deserve when we accept a new job.

Idiots

On a side note too, this dude is getting laid wiht all the contacts. He has three different ladies that pay him to go to there house for personal training sessions. Of course they are all married (one to an American Capt) but that is his problem.[/quote]

Living Proof!

On a side note too, this dude is getting laid wiht all the contacts. He has three different ladies that pay him to go to there house for personal training sessions. Of course they are all married (one to an American Capt) but that is his problem.[/quote]

Here we have Instructordude and his adulterous bud-living proof that morons really do travel in herds.....
Maybe this guy could make some extra cash by enrolling in some type of booger-research project.... Science needs to figure out what makes a booger-eating moron like Instructordude tick.
There are all sorts of research projects one can enroll in to earn a little extra dough-I'm sure there has to be one for booger-eaters like this guy!

-Come on Instructordude, for the sake of science, let them try and figure out what your major malfunction is!
-Fun and profit-and I'll bet you would get to eat all the boogers you can handle!

Restructuring your mortgage into an Option or Pick-a-payment can save you hundreds of dollars per month until you are making some decent cash. Not to mention if you have enough equity in your home, stash that equity in a 5% HSBC Direct(or safe yielding vehicle) account for a rainy day. Then by year 4-5 as a major airline pilot you can refinance once again to a more traditional mortgage plan. PM if your interested as I am licensed in all 50 states and also a new airline guy(insert broke here as well).

Uh, actually the only way to get through this is to shed debt.
If you cannot make it and will sink under debt waiting for the "payback years", I suggest downsize. I offloaded two vehicles with payments for two older cars free and clear, cheaper insurance also. Next, consider loosing the house if thats a payment you cannot shoulder. Lastly, if the women can bring in a reasonable income, get her into a job. Otherwise if you have kids, it is probably better she stays at home and does that stuff so you don't have to pay for cleaning, babysitting, etc. Cancel the extracuricular activities. Cancel all but one of your credit cards. Cancel all your department store cards, gas cards, costco card etc. Ditch the Dish network, you can live on network TV. Cancel the cellphone unless it's your only phone, cancel the magazine and paper, etc.

If you don't have one year of pay in the bank, do all the things I mentioned and you may make it to payback time. If you don't, going bankrupt ensures you will never be hired by an airline again if your layed off and the next job runs a credit check on you. Call your bankl and tell them whats up, they will work with you.

Anything else?

At what point do you just consider its not worth it any more.

At what point do you just consider its not worth it any more.

I see to many folks going blindly into any career change thinking "i'll float it on the card". Well, in the airline business, they run your credit report, poor credit=poor employee. So talk of piling onto the card is a poor choice.

When is it not worth it? Thats not the point, living within your means is the point.

Fitness Instructor at Golds or 24 Hr Fitness. Good deal because they are flexible with the hours and you get to work out and get paid. A buddy of mine does it and he brings in about 500 per month

On a side note too, this dude is getting laid wiht all the contacts. He has three different ladies that pay him to go to there house for personal training sessions. Of course they are all married (one to an American Capt) but that is his problem.

I could see the scenario now.. Guy walks into an interview at a major and the guy across the table knows he has been balls deep into his or his buddies wife for the last 2 years. In the the meantime he was restructuring his assets and moving funds into all the right places for d day with his soon to be ex wife. Of course it will all conveniently happen right before he goes into the 777 intl in the left seat.

Will the Gym brat get the job? Dont think so and of course all of the captains buddies at the other companies will get a phone call as well.

Sound far fetched? Not in this industry where everybody know everyone.

Suddenly that $500 a month extra he used to put a turbo kit on his civic wont be such a good deal..

Forget the extra job, you need your rest. Apply for welfare, food stamps and child care. Milk the system because the system will milk you later anyway.

Latest resources

Back