• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Waterski??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think people are missing the story here.. The TSA RJ and the UAL guy were getting into it on the radio...on the deice freq. I just told the UAL guy to shut up..

First of all none of us ever follow thorugh with reporting people, were to lazy! Thats why we all stay in this fully rewarding job. Pro Standards is ridiculous, just say " What! I have no idea what your talking about? Please refresh my memory on this.

As for the FO getting on the radio and saying something, great, that way I don't have to put my coffee down and raise my blood pressure! Honestly I could care less about some whiny United pilot crying about deice.

Advise, if you were to slap me up in the chops, DUCK!

I could see if an FO dropped an attitude that was uncalled for, yes, maybe a discussion about professionalism on the radio is appropriate. But calling out someone to check their attitude doesn't seem to me like a big deal. I wouldn't get on my crewmembers case about it unless they had no reason for the action.

Obviously in this example, the bitching on the radio was becoming really counterproductive, and it seemed time to just "shut up" and get on with the program.

Maybe it was the UAL FO, and he's just cranky because he is now making less than the Waterski Captain!

:)

What a rational industry we've chosen!

We are "regional pilots", how dare we tell some all knowing UAL capt. to shut his friggin' pie hole. Personally I think you should have dragged him out of the cockpit and beat the crap out of him, and if your capt. said something about it, beat the crap out of him too! Sorry for the hostility, I just got extended to go fly with the UAL capt. brother.

That United guy probably flew for American Airlines first and the bug up his A?? is still there. You know once a NAZI always a NAZI.

FYI, Now days everyone including fo is pulled into the chief poo's office and delt with! Not just the cptn... pay is bout the same now anyway

Reebo said:
easy to say from the right seat.
Groan. You did notice that FurloughedAgain does have twice as much flight time as you, and might even have some PIC time in there somewhere?

thought for the day: "just because you were a lousy copilot doesn't mean everyone else is."

rptrain said:
Groan. You did notice that FurloughedAgain does have twice as much flight time as you, and might even have some PIC time in there somewhere?

thought for the day: "just because you were a lousy copilot doesn't mean everyone else is."

now i see why people dont like to post on this stupid azz board, its idiots like u. i fly with quite a few first officers who not only have more flight time than i but they have flown better equipment too. its because of seniority that i occupy the left seat. someone is responsible for the aircraft and that person is the PIC. whether or not the f/o has more time, or more lunar landings. i personally take into account who im flying with and give those the respect and lattitude they deserve, its a hard enough pill to swallow for them without some punk azz rj captain giving them attitude. now for the situation as it was described, i would have to say somthing to the f/o regardless as i feel it was uncalled for and as i said before im the PIC, seems to me that YOU have a problem with that. as for my f/o abilities, never had a captain complain

thought for the day: "just because you're a punk azz f/o doesn't mean everyone else is."

Reebo said:
now i see why people dont like to post on this stupid azz board, its idiots like u. i fly with quite a few first officers who not only have more flight time than i but they have flown better equipment too. its because of seniority that i occupy the left seat. someone is responsible for the aircraft and that person is the PIC. whether or not the f/o has more time, or more lunar landings. i personally take into account who im flying with and give those the respect and lattitude they deserve, its a hard enough pill to swallow for them without some punk azz rj captain giving them attitude. now for the situation as it was described, i would have to say somthing to the f/o regardless as i feel it was uncalled for and as i said before im the PIC, seems to me that YOU have a problem with that. as for my f/o abilities, never had a captain complain

thought for the day: "just because you're a punk azz f/o doesn't mean everyone else is."

Now see here this is a guy who takes this job entirely to serious. Lighten up and have some fun for the love of God. If you are confident in yourself as a pilot you don't have to put up the front of I AM CAPTAIN, you are just another pilot trying to make more money and get more time off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back