Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airboss

http://www.slingmedia.com/

Introducing the Slingbox™ — a groundbreaking piece of hardwired ingenuity that will literally transform the way you watch television. The Slingbox enables you to watch your TV programming from wherever you are by turning virtually any Internet-connected PC into your personal TV. Whether you’re in another room or in another country, you’ll always have access to your television.

Too costly, too late. Been using this for years and it will do the same stuff pretty much and a lot cheaper:

www.snapstream.com

PVR, pause live TV, stream over the internet, remote admin, remote scheduling... MPEG2 and WMV realtime, plus it supports hardware compression. I have a cheap $29.99 PCI capture card with a 1.7ghz P4 and it does realtime pretty well on this box with no hardware assist.

rcbullock said:
Too costly, too late. Been using this for years and it will do the same stuff pretty much and a lot cheaper:

www.snapstream.com

PVR, pause live TV, stream over the internet, remote admin, remote scheduling... MPEG2 and WMV realtime, plus it supports hardware compression. I have a cheap $29.99 PCI capture card with a 1.7ghz P4 and it does realtime pretty well on this box with no hardware assist.

but does this software allow you to watch live tv in your hotel room half way around the world?

Yes, depending on your bandwidth of course, but that's going to be the issue with any internet device. Did you read about snapstream's software?

I also put shows on my PDA with it. 40ish megs has decent quality for a half hour show. I got a 256M SD card for about $10. And I can record directly to that card with a card reader, which shows as a drive to my PC. Most of the time I just have the software squeeze it down to the parameters I select.

rcbullock said:
Yes, depending on your bandwidth of course, but that's going to be the issue with any internet device. Did you read about snapstream's software?

I also put shows on my PDA with it. 40ish megs has decent quality for a half hour show. I got a 256M SD card for about $10. And I can record directly to that card with a card reader, which shows as a drive to my PC. Most of the time I just have the software squeeze it down to the parameters I select.

I could not find where it shows snapstream able to watch live tv from anywhere around the world. Post a link if possible.

No complaints wih SLINGBOX. Decent quailty, easy set up with no hardware to transport while you travel.

Trust me, you can do it. You will have to configure your firewall a bit but I'm betting that you might also have to do that with the slingbox. When you log in to your snapstream machine via the web browser, there is an option to watch live TV and you can change the channels with a dropdown box. You can also configure what data rate it sends the video at.

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12203

Check the forums on more info on it.

***Newsflash 1962***

Hotels to introduce TV's in EVERY room!

Doesnt ESPN look the same from a hotel set? :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH!
-You can take your favorite TV shows with you on a PDA! (see also bittorrent-Want to watch the new Dr Who? Does the hotel TV get the BBC)?

-Home news on the hotel TV?
-Your premium channels on Hotel TV?
-Hotel TV allow you to watch a previously recorded show?
-Hotel TV let you skip commercials?
-Hotel TV record a show you want to watch later?

I have TiVo and I can't STAND TV without it.

Latest resources

Back