Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GogglesPisano

Pawn, in game of life
No lack of testicular fortitude for Mr Rimkufski....

WSJ Online
February 27, 2009, 3:59 pm
Man Pretends to Be Air Marshal in Bid to Make Flight
Posted by Matt Phillips
DreamWorks/courtesy Everett Collection

Here’s an innovative approach to catching a flight when you’re running late.

Police say Mark Rimkufski persuaded airline employees at a closed gate to let him on the plane by flashing a badge and claiming he was a Federal Air Marshal, the Miami Herald reports. Once he was on board the flight, Rimkufski, was — unfortunately — confronted by actual air marshals, who quickly determined from the badge that he was not one of them. (By the way, the badge said “Fisher Island Chief of Police.” Fisher Island is a small island near Miami.)

After being asked to leave American Airlines Flight 299 which was set to fly from Miami to Los Angeles, Rimkufski did not avail himself of the opportunity to leave the airport. Instead, he opted to duck into American Airlines’ Admirals Club, where he loudly complained about not being allowed aboard the flight and was, eventually, placed under arrest.

The Herald reports: “Rimkufski, 49, was charged with impersonating a law-enforcement officer. He was scheduled to appear in Miami-Dade court Thursday but did not because he was hospitalized for unspecified reasons. There is no Fisher Island police department.”

Still, you have to respect the guy’s effort.

Last edited:
Maybe he should change his name to Dumkoffski. It's stupid stunts and crap like that that make it difficult for the rest of us legit riders to get through security, sign up for jump seats, etc. And then he makes a scene in the Admiral's Club? He needs to change his meds! Good for the real FAMs that were on board and called his bluff!

WSJ Online
February 27, 2009, 3:59 pm
Man Pretends to Be Air Marshal in Bid to Make Flight
Posted by Matt Phillips

Police say Mark Rimfukski persuaded airline employees at a closed gate to let him on the plane by flashing a badge and claiming he was a Federal Air Marshal, the Miami Herald reports. Once he was on board the flight, Rimfukski, was — unfortunately — confronted by actual air marshals, who quickly determined from the badge that he was not one of them. (By the way, the badge said “Fisher Island Chief of Police.”
Now that's just funny, Chief Rim******************** was it? Spell that name again, for the report.

Please tell me this doofus wasn't packing heat.

My favorite Atlanta Gate Agent story. An American Pilot in plain clothes was trying to jumpseat to Dallas on American. Obviously he comes before some offline regional yahoo.

However, the gate agent sees me dressed in my ASA uniform and pulls the AA guy off telling him "sorry but the AA pilot goes first..." the AA pilot began to protest, but the gate agent was having none of it, the Gate Agent was convinced that I was an American Airlines pilot in uniform.

I explained to the Gate Agent who I worked for because she sure was not taking her own pilot's story on the matter. Turn out they had two open seats on a 727 and we both got on and had a laugh about it.

How a Gate Agent could get a ASA uniform confused with AA and want to argue with her own pilots about it, I dunno.

You'd think, ... I've had them send jumpseaters down with nothing but a business card that said they were a pilot (pre-cass).

Latest resources

Back