Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Watch out Jetblue--SONG has a store now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, because the average Joe can afford to charter a Global, much less buy one.

Perhaps a little Econ 101 would be in order! Then you can tell us the CASM on your "fancy" ride. Should be around what the Concorde was.

Last edited:
Suen,

I understand that the Global has a more modern cockpit than the 757/767, and if you look at my profile you would see that I have also flown the 737-800, which is equal to or better than the Global. Yes, airlines has cramed in more seats---199 in a Song 757---but Delta actually tried to give the Song passengers a little more room----and a 33" pitch on the seats. But, I see your point. I know the Song planes sound pretty tight, but anything is better than those Delta Express 737-200s---with 119 seats and no entertainment for 3 1/2 hours from BOS--FLL. That really did suck for passengers---and they told me that as they were getting off the planes all of the time. Those 737s have since been changed back to mainline and have 2 rows of first class seats I believe.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

"I think if the Concorde had as high a CASM as we do, it would have quit flying a long time before it did. BTW, round trip New York to London on the GLEX is about $112,000....but you can take 11 of your closest friends for no extra charge. Hmmm, if you do fill all the seats not to bad a deal compared to normal first class fare."

Actually, your toy may be about the same. A round trip on the Conc was about 12k, so if you got 12x12k+=144k. Of course, the Concorde was a lot quicker and look a wee bit better:)

I think the record is 4:45 or so from Manhattan to London centre with the Concorde.

AA did indeed increased the level of comfort with MRTC, it is quite comfortable, unless one gets the dreaded center seat, but even then, not too bad. The problem is, despite everyone wanting more room, they are not willing to pay for it, as AA has discovered.

jetBlue and Song has decided to take a different route. More room than regular coach yet more amenities while keeping low fares. So far it seems to be winning favour with the travelling public. Songs product is in many cases superior to DAL mainline.

Thanks to the kind people at the Generals airline, I have enjoyed biz class a few times and it certainly is nice, but since I am not independently wealthy, I cannot afford to buy it. Until that day my money tree finally grows, I can stand sitting in coach across the pond, particularily, since these days a ticket can be had for 5-800 dollars.

what happened to the store

I thought this thread was about a little SOHO shop that Song had built???

oh well. Hijacked again....

Originally posted by suen1843
This thread is about Song. I hope they succeed. I hope all the airlines succeed, I just have a problem with the way the airlines are cramming more and more people into the back.

This statement shows that maybe you just don't understand what’s going on with the airlines post 9/11. First, the days of the last-minute high-paying business passenger are gone (many airlines had these types modeled into their business plan i.e. continental,american,etc) now these biz pax didn't run to fly the global (maybe some) but most businesses cut their travel budgets all together,starting using LCC's, etc. This combined with a major post 9/11 decrease in regular pax, airliners had to take major action. Thus began the furloughs, flight cuts, etc. Then began the lowering of ticket prices to get people to fly again. Basically unless you are an LCC your business plan isn't very good for post 9/11. What works? low CASM's, low ticket prices, and many seats. Why does it work, people want low prices and are willing to sacrifice some things. 200 people on a 757-200 isn’t as bad as you think. Show a video, give em some food to eat (even if they buy), a couple drinks, get them there Safely and On-Time, and hey they'll do it again , they may complain but that's what us American's are great at, Complaining about everything. Cheap tickets is the key in competitive markets. And yeah people are driving more, driving to the "other" airport than the main hub of a major to get on an LCC for a cheap ticket. This is the "New" way to survive in the airline industry (that’s why everyone is doing it i.e. United "Ted", Song, American is thinking bout LCC, even southwest may change a few things in the business model). Now I'm like you I want the airlines to survive but you have to do what is necessary and what works. Song is proving that it works to put 200 people on a 757 because hey! People are buying tickets and flying them. and since your pax get to ride around in the "bling bling" machine I don't understand why the 200 pax 757 is a big deal to you anyway.:rolleyes:

That's another reason they are sucking millions and millions away from the airlines every year...and increasing that as time goes on.

Nevermind this part of my old post, after rethinking about it I don't know enough in this area to make a true "factual" reply that isn't heavily opinionated.

Last edited:
It appears this thread has diverted from Jet Blew vs. Song to airline vs corporate? Anyways, I am trying to gather as much info to decide which flying career I would prefer. Can anyone give me some examples of average annual salaries of a DAL 767-300/ 777-200 captain vs. a GLEX/ G5 captain? As for myself, (trying to get a flying career started) I wish all aviation well in the future! :)

Calling us "Jet Blew" won't help you get a career started with us. But you just keep focused on that Delta Captain's pay. You'll be there before you know it.

Sorry Skank, just trying to throw some humor in there, no harm intended. How about Jet Blue vs Slong...sound better? What's the top out pay at Jet Blue anyways? I don't much about you guys. How many airplanes are in the fleet right now? Anymore on order besides the RJ's?

Latest resources

Back