• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wasssup with 9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In all seriousness I am beginning to think that this might not turn out that bad. Does anyone else think that? I'm not saying its going to be great but I'm not worried about the company going under

Well no, I don't think the company will go under. But there is still a chance that they could park a portion of the unprofitable fleet.

In all seriousness I am beginning to think that this might not turn out that bad. Does anyone else think that? I'm not saying its going to be great but I'm not worried about the company going under

It appears that there maybe an opportunity to turn this into a good thing. If the labor groups and management don't screw it up. If they do that it will get ugly quickly. The recent history of the labor groups tells me to expect the worst.

Whatever happens, it's just prolonging the inevitable. In 1 year or 5 years, the 50-seat planes will all be gone.

What will be left? Expensive lifer pilots who can be easily replaced by the nextgen GoJet.

If you are a lifer at 9E corp, or just comfy with your current job, you better get a clue and start making a plan. Fedex is not going to call you, and there will be no big hiring spree at AA.

What will be left? Expensive lifer pilots who can be easily replaced by the nextgen GoJet.

Are you the same guy who wants to burn the place down because a pilot should be paid what they are worth? Or do you hate the Lifers so muxh you'd prefer the flying to be switched between cheap feed?

So tell me again, what's your point?

Maybe your former CEO can buy a hotel at JFK and all the pilots transferred there from Atlanta can live together in one big happy Village.

I believe the 15 Feb announcement is related to the next round of staff reductions at the manager and below level.

Latest resources

Back