Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N813CA

Yeah buddy
We all know that other things did contribute, but For 2 of the 3 people at the NTSB to decide it wasn't caused from fatigue even though the FO came in on a red eye from SEA the night before and the captain was on the internet from 3 am until his report at 8 am, and the crash happened near 10 pm........ This has political reasons all over it. The airlines have won....

We all know that other things did contribute, but For 2 of the 3 people at the NTSB to decide it wasn't caused from fatigue even though the FO came in on a red eye from SEA the night before and the captain was on the internet from 3 am until his report at 8 am, and the crash happened near 10 pm........ This has political reasons all over it. The airlines have won....

And until regulatory changes are made, there will still be pilots trying to catch red-eyes to their morning shows and hanging out in crew rooms all night to avoid paying for a hotel room.

I agree!!!!! Colgan should of had a SEA base so she didn't have to commute!!!!!!

Nobody can determine how tired someone else 'felt'. Especially when that person is deceased and cannot speak up for themselves. However, they may be determining that the crew should not have been fatigued, since it was their first day of a trip, and it was their responsibiliy to show up for duty rested, or to call out fatigued if they lack that personal responsibility. To sit up in the crew lounge and/or taking a red-eye to work when you will be on duty past 10 pm shows a lack of professionalism and personal responsibility. And don't cry to me about FO pay. She could have haad a crash pad for a couple hundred bucks a month and flown in the day prior at a decent hour and got a good nights rest. They most certainly were tired, but should not have been had they shown up for work properly rested, as their passengers expected them to be, and had every right to do so!

Last edited:
he wasn't on the internet that long, but he logged in to check his schedule around then. pretty sure he just checked then went back to sleep. I also watched the meeting and I'm pretty sure fatigue was included in one of the conclusions. they had a whole section in the meeting about fatigue and commuting.

yeah, I was thinking the same thing. his compu might have been logged in that long....I do that all the time. Stays connected all night....

The first officer was telling the CA, that in no particluar preference, she wanted to fly for Fedex, UPS, or Alaksa. The Capitan himself was rambling about issues he had had flying the airplane and being a CA. They were jolly, simlar to what a crew might be like on the last leg of the day. There is no way the actual physical crash was caused by fatigue. It was caused by colgan though partly, not all pilots fault

Nobody can determine how tired someone else 'felt'. Especially when that person is deceased and cannot speak up for themselves. However, they may be determining that the crew should not have been fatigued, since it was their first day of a trip, and it was their responsibiliy to show up for duty rested, or to call out fatigued if they lack that personal responsibility. To sit up in the crew lounge and/or taking a red-eye to work when you will be on duty past 10 pm shows a lack of professionalism and personal responsibility. And don't cry to me about FO pay. She could have haad a crash pad for a couple hundred bucks a month and flown in the day prior at a decent hour and got a good nights rest. They most certainly were tired, but should not have been had they shown up for work properly rested, as their passengers expected them to be, and had every right to do so!

I don't disagree with the facts of what you posted here. It truly was their responsibility to show up to work adequately rested. Also, there is no way of knowing to what level fatigue affected their responses.

However, neither of us worked at Colgan at the time of the accident. Just as much as we can't say how fatigued we might or might not have been on that night, we also can't say how the management at Colgan would have reacted to a fatigue call, either.

Latest resources

Back