WARNING: This Could be tough to Hear. SC LJ60 Crash ATC Audio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crash

I wish the press didn't have access to any sound bites in these situations.

God bless the crew, pax and their families.

Makes you realize just how close to home it hits. I read a great deal on this accident, and the co-pilot had nothing but great things said about him. Never heard much about the Captain. From his final radio call, it's apparent he was nothing short of a class act and probably someone we'd all have learned soemthing from. Hate to see a guy like that check out the way he did. I hope something definitive comes out in terms of a cause in the near future.

I wish the press didn't have access to any sound bites in these situations.

God bless the crew, pax and their families.
To an extent, I disagree. When used in a professional environment (by avaition professionals), audio like this is better than any text written in a book when studying accidents, CRM, etc. Someone could have told you this story all day long, but you'd never really appreciate the full tonnage hearing it brings until you hear it for yourself. That audio cuts like a hot knife, and I think it's safe to say, anyone who has heard that willl think long and hard about contingency plans in the event of a blown tire just shy ov V1. If you disagree, listen to it again and again and again. Eventually, it'll make you think. Make no mistake, that's a great learning tool, unfortunately, it came at price, that, in my opinion, is just not worth the information gathered.

Latest resources

Back