• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

warning (FAA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot of these operations that work the Caribbean are 135 VFR only. I believe Chalks has a VFR only certificate. Its a good place for a 500 hr guy with the 135 VFR mins to get a flying job. I can only assume this is the reason why he was busted.

Either that or like some guys I know he was in a hurry to get to the hotel and called the airport in sight so he could get an early descent, cancel IFR, and get cleared for the visual instead of getting vectored around.

jsoceanlord said:
How'd I get labeled a cowboy punk? What's up with that?
I can't speak for everybody else, but I've read some of your other posts. They're very...colorful.

There are people who idolize pilots who survive accident after accident. I just wonder why they've had so many accidents...

You've told all of us that you (1) smoke pot, or at least keep the butts around, and (2) have a felony arrest record. Now here comes this "warning" about the F.A.A. busting people who deserve to be busted.

What exactly do you expect us to think of you?

Last edited:
I am glad you fly down in the Islands, that way when you and your buddys next stupid stunt kills you, I won't be anywhere near...
Most people don't have to worry about the FAA, because they are not breaking regs..
Wake up!!! you have 3000 hours and you have more close calls than 10 pilots have in a life time.. That should tell something!! Maybe you guys should do everybody a favor, including your relatives and change careers....

typhoon 1244;

i have no felony's or even a misdemeanor - it was a first offense and i recently learned that, because it was a first offense, it was dropped (the misdemeanor).

i've had two crashes; one in a balloon, where every flight is basically an emergency, unless you're out in the middle of the desert at dawn
the other crash was after a fuel pump failed in a ce 210. unfortuantely in flying we deal with nature, which isn't always black and white.

a long haired friend told me that when police ask to search your property without a warrant, you can say no and possibly avoid an unpleasant night in jail. i'm not all squeaky clean.

it's one thing to reply to kids post here who is flying a ce 172 and has a basic question, etc, and it's another to then have my well intentioned reply get ripped by a turbine jet ace.

the caravan pilot who was suspended was pretty experienced. i say it pays to fly cargo (no pax). i'm not being anti authority; 'just saying don't break the rules with passengers or you may also get suspended

my near death experiences were mostly in bush type flying; like taking off from a dirt runway near big bear lake east of los angeles and hitting mud spots that sap your speed - you accelerate/decelerate and it's a hairy thing. i released a banner once (or tried) and it didn't drop and it flew between some trees. we had a super strong weak link and it may not have released.

so it'as pretty easy to have a bunch of close calls; throw in a couple serious fuel emergency's when you're a new pilot and my two crashes and the above incidents, and I've got almost ten close calls right there.

i provide a valuable service to some small communities out here and i've done it well for a long time.

everyone's a little hyper vigilant these days about flying.

'just saying don't break the rules with passengers or you may also get suspended

I still don't see why you have to tell us when and when not to break the rules. I don't have much time, but I know that for me and the people that I fly around, and it looks like everyone else on this post, there is an accepted DON'T BREAK THE FREAKING RULES that is always in place. If you really feel that way about not breaking rules with passengers, then I hope for the sake of everyone's safety that you work for a place like a landfill where when the $h!t hits the fan cause you were irresponsible, it fits right in with the surroundings. I am a 20 year old kid flying a ce 172, and my simple question that I want answered is "why are there morons flying and getting paid when good responsible pilots are sitting at home wishing they had a job?"

If I am wrong about my assumptions, then disregard this, but I think you've spelled it out pretty clearly.

Fly Safe.

Your friend could have fought that one and won. As a FAA inspector it is his responsibility to write up the violation. Once that happens and he submits it, it is out of his hands. I can assure that the inspector was not back there just because he enjoys riding around in single engine caravans. The company was under investigation to figure out why they had the midair, in his report I am sure that he concluded that he had the reason. The reality is that it wouldn't hold up in court unless the whole airplane full of passengers signed an avidafit saying he flew through the cloud. Of course if the pilot had declared an emergnecy then there is not one thing that the FAA could have done to him. Maybe the 90 days will give him some time to think about it.

Big Bear, California, is bush flying? I guess at that rate, LAX would be rural. Big Bear is to bush flying what herding goats is to monkey ranching. I hope that makes as much sense to you as it does to me. :eek:

It's superfluous, really. If it's in the Republik of Kalifornia, it's really flight into a foriegn country. The rules and definitions are all different.

If you had a brush with death, did you get any on you? If so, get it off; it starts to smell bad after a while. Is that at all like a toothbrush with death? Why does death need a toothbrush? Death with bad breath? Can death breathe? Perhaps a typo: the toothbrush of death. Cool mint death. Cool mint death with baking soda. And the little whiteners for sparkling nectrotic teeth.

I would strongly recommend that whatever it is on your person or property that will get you arrested, go away. Don't do that any more. Pot, stolen property, pictures of small cuddly fur animals performing unnatural acts, whatever. Avoid your long haired friend. Don't try to find loopholes around getting busted; try to find ways to be comfortably legal, such that you can say, "sure, go ahead and search."

"it's one thing to reply to kids post here who is flying a ce 172 and has a basic question, etc, and it's another to then have my well intentioned reply get ripped by a turbine jet ace."

What does that mean?

"The reality is that it wouldn't hold up in court unless the whole airplane full of passengers signed an avidafit saying he flew through the cloud."

You can't be serious! Do you really think a fed on your jumpseat that sees you bust a reg needs backup from the passengers in order to make a violation stick?

ocean lord,

why do you brag about being close to death 10 times? Do you think that makes you heroic? I'd say it makes you pretty unsafe.
Get a grip on the ego (i.e. bush flying in Cali- ha bout fell outta my chair) or your gonna be a smokin hole someday.

p.s. Please advise what company you fly for. I go down to the Islands once in a Full Moon and I want to make sure I don't fly with whatever you are talking about.

Scary.

When the pressure is on the fed lawyers go for the easy targets. If it looks like one of their inspectors could be compromised they will move onto another target to prosecute. The secret is getting the limelight on the case. I have been there done that and won.

Latest resources

Back