• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Warbirds in Montana?

jrbevis

pilot
Total Time
Hey guys I am curious if know of anyone in Montana that owns 4 or five warbirds. I am aware of the guy at Crystal Lakes Resort (the place with the Stonehenge replica).

They may be kept at a private airport near Helena.

This is a long shot but just curious if you have any info.

Thanks

avbug

Total Time
n/a
There's a museum at Helena, and of course Neptune at Missoula still flies the P2V.

moonlight

Flyin' to fund my fishin'
Total Time
There are several. Near Whitefish, MT lives a fellow named Jim Smith that has quite a collection at his private strip. Mustang, Corsair, even a Seafire; complete with a griffon engine and contra-rotating props; and several more. The owner of SemiTool out of Kalispell also has a really nice Corsair. In Bozeman you'll find a BT-13, a really nice AT-6, 3 L-19s, a CT-133 (frostback version of the T-33), a Mk. VI Sabre (frostback F-86), and 2 F-100F Super Sabres. There used to be a Mig-21 based in Helena, but it hasn't been there in a while. Also, the tech school in Helena has a few relics laying around. Their F-89 Scorpion was just dismantled and moved to a museum operated by Bill Anders (the astronaut) in WA state. They have a MATS Super Connie that has been the topic of many a restoration discussion as well.

AgreenFO

Kickin it
Total Time
I heard of someone in or around Anaconda I think it was that had a few. Anyone know them by chance?

trip

Total Time
B26 (A-26?) at Corporate in KBIL been there a few years., I believe it is for sale.