Wanted: Part 135 Certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DV8N180

I am looking to purchase a 135 operation within the US. The size of the company and number of aircraft is irrelevant. This price is not important but it should be in line with the balance sheet. A certificate with a Citation or bigger is desireable, but I am looking into all options at the moment.

Anyone heard of any for sale?

Thanks in advance!

You can buy a company and the assets that has a 135, but not certificate. That is owned by the FAA. If the name and management changes, then qualification and approval from the FAA is required.

Yes, I am well aware of the nuances of such a transaction. Believe it or not Part 135 companies get sold all the time.

So I am still looking for leads.

I think these guys still have one. It took 'em a year to get it and the company's owner pulled the plug on it about a month after they received it.

They never had a revenue flight and had one Cessna 340 on the cert.

The name of the company's owner is Dan Robertson. I'd talk to him directly to feel him out. There was a rumor that they had sold the certificate, but I've been told otherwise, so you might wanna get that cleared up right off the bat.

I am looking to purchase a 135 operation within the US. The size of the company and number of aircraft is irrelevant. This price is not important but it should be in line with the balance sheet. A certificate with a Citation or bigger is desireable, but I am looking into all options at the moment.

Anyone heard of any for sale?

Thanks in advance!

If you plan on changing management, etc...the FAA is using that as an opportunity to have the "new management" essentially re-write the certificate.

With that being said, you will be WAY ahead simply by writing your own certificate and getting your own approval.

If $$$ is not important, than your best bet right now is paying someone to write all of the manuals and compliance statements for you. It will probably be cheaper than buying a company, and it will have exactly what you want in it. Besides, the FAA has recently gotten their magnifying glasses out for the 135s, and you might run into more red tape than the existing certificate is worth.

Actually if money WERE important I would do it myself. You can get manuals for $5K and could have someone submit them for you for $15K.

Time is a problem. It takes 6 months from the time the FSDO starts - and the FSDO where I want one is currently taking 1 year to start even looking at it (so 18 months total - minimum).

Financing is the next problem. The investment folks I am working with will put up millions to purchase an operation with a track record (even if the track record is poor), but won't put up a cent to start an operation up from scratch. The risk is too high. They would rather put their cash into an existing operation in conjunction with a solid busniess plan going forward. This is just a different mindset than most of us accostumed to - pay as little as you can and do as much of the work on your own.

All the management and FAA issues are fairly easy to work around. It is done all the time.

Thanks to everyone for the information! I am looking into all opportunities passed along!

Last edited:
You might try Pylon International in Van Nuys ... I hear they are in a tight spot.

TransMach

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back