• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Want to fly a 787 out of JFK?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The irony is that alpa,natl conspired with airline mgmts in the race to the bottom at the regional level. Now some uninformed regional pilots view US domiciles of international carriers a back up option and alpa is complaining. This is an unintended consequence of alpa's actions by helping to create a disillusioned and alienated constituency.

The irony is that alpa,natl conspired with airline mgmts in the race to the bottom at the regional level. Now some uninformed regional pilots view US domiciles of international carriers a back up option and alpa is complaining. This is an unintended consequence of alpa's actions by helping to create a disillusioned and alienated constituency.

I agree. Let NAI fly into US. We need more international competition. The domestic has floundered at it's lowest. Time for the majors to reset to the global scale that the market is capable of.

Alpa has eaten it's young for too long. The disservice has given low cost carriers loyal pilots. They'll survive the potential downfall of any legacy. Though I highly doubt any legacy will go under over this.

So you want the decent paying US pilot jobs to be destroyed like the US maritime industry? How exactly does that help your career? I understand the frustration with ALPA, but you can't see the forrest for the trees.

I am a product of ALPA. Now i care 100% about me and me alone. If it kills the industry then thats capitalism at work.

That's the beauty of it i just don't give a damn anymore. I would love to see someone come in here and lower the bar for mainline pilots. Let them get whipsawed like us regional pilots with the hope that ALPA will help stop the race to the bottom. But don't worry this so called pilot shortage means that foreign carriers will be unable to find pilots and we soon will all be at mainline.

Please get out of the industry immediately. You're so burnt out, making crap money so just do something else. Plus you're obviously borderline retarded and might be a danger to the public.

So you want the decent paying US pilot jobs to be destroyed like the US maritime industry? How exactly does that help your career? I understand the frustration with ALPA, but you can't see the forrest for the trees.

As a former merchant mariner with an unlimited Masters license and a former Part 121 airline pilot, I can tell you that there are very few, if any, similarities between the two industries. In fact, job protection laws such as the Jones Act probably hastened the decline of the US maritime industry. The only similarities actually appear to be that the unions have managed the decline of both industries. Once organized labor was no longer relevant in the maritime industry did the job prospects and wages actually start to increase. Don't get me wrong, I am fairly pro ALPA but when they try to regulate the supply and price of labor then that helps create the distortions in the labor market that you currently see in the US airline industry.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back