Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wannabe airline pilots at it again. Maybe XJT will furlough these two.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This post is stupid. I can't believe the moderators let crap like this continue, and delete post on midget pilots.

The glideslope is only good until 200'......

After that, it's unreliable so it always drops off. So in turn, there really is no such thing as "dipping" below the glideslope. Look for it at work next time.

Last edited:
The glideslope is only good until 200'......

After that, it's unreliable so it always drops off. So in turn, there really is no such thing as "dipping" below the glideslope. Look for it at work next time.

Thanks for pointing that out.
I rode the autopilot till we broke out, disconnected it once we had visual, dipped below glideslope once the field was assured to make the most of the runway
I guess I missunderstood what he was saying, however, performance is based on the runway being used so the whole theory that he wanted to make the most of the runway is like saying "Since I can never land in the touchdown zone, I dipped a little low over the lights so I wouldn't float so far past it.

UEJ500 said:
Thanks for pointing that out.

I guess I missunderstood what he was saying, however, performance is based on the runway being used so the whole theory that he wanted to make the most of the runway is like saying "Since I can never land in the touchdown zone, I dipped a little low over the lights so I wouldn't float so far past it.

A visual approach is just that, you don't need a glideslope anymore past the MM.

Latest resources

Back