Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wanna see pics of Avbug,Tony C and User997?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trivia

UnAnswerd said:

I know the family that owns the ranch where this picture was taken. I believe it was on the cover of Life, or maybe National Geographic. The guy I know flew for WAL and DAL for a number of years. The place had been in their family for damn close to a hundred years but had shrunk in size considerably during the last 50 years. Some of Charlie Russles greatest works had their origins on this property.

I think that this fire occured prior to 2000, since he had this photo with him in the later part of 2000 when we flew together and it was several years before that that the fire had occured as I recall.

Last edited:
Spooky 1 said:
I know the family that owns the ranch where this picture was taken. I believe it was on the cover of Life, or maybe National Geographic. The guy I know flew for WAL and DAL for a number of years. The place had been in their family for dang close to a hundred years but had shrunk in size considerably during the last 50 years. Some of Charlie Russles greatest works had their origins on this property.

I think that this fire occured prior to 2000, since he had this photo with him in the later part of 2000 when we flew together and it was several years before that that the fire had occured as I recall.

Either way, it's an incredible photo. Here's the story behind it:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/deerfire.asp

Latest resources

Back