Walmart, JB Hunt, ABF or Alltel?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V1 Rotate

Does anyone know anything about the quality of life flying for any of these corporations? Days off, pay, schedules, aircraft that they fly? Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I interviewed at Wal-Mart in late 2004 and I remember this: You are assigned to one schedule--four rotating groups (A, B, C or D) of sliding work block days. For example, you work 3/4 the first week of the month, then 5/3, then 4/3 and maybe 3/5 the last week. This way you know your days on/off throughout the year. From what I remember, pay started at $45K and upgrades were as necessary. You live in No. AK and people expect 3-5 overnights a month.

Do a search for more info if you havn't.

Tailwinds...

Thanks for the info. That beats my current schedule and pay. How was the interview and what were they looking for and what experience did you have if you don't mind me asking? Did you take the job?

That sounds good. Do you know how long he's been there and what the pay is like? How did he get hired? Thanks.

They just hired four I believe. Send resume to:

Wal-Mart Aviation
Attn: Pilot Hiring Committee
#5 Hammerschmidt Dr.
Rogers, AR 72756

h25b said:
They just hired four I believe. Send resume to:

Wal-Mart Aviation
Attn: Pilot Hiring Committee
#5 Hammerschmidt Dr.
Rogers, AR 72756

Do you know approximately the start date of the 4 new hires?

They got done interviewing a couple weeks ago and I believe the offers have already gone out. When this new group is starting I don't know.

From what I heard it was a real good mix of experience levels and backgrounds. They had a lot of good people to choose from. They typically have over a thousand resumes to start from, do phone interviews, and then invite for a formal interview process.

Recommendations from current or former (;)) pilots seemed to help...

Last edited:
4 people got hired. only one I know personally. Had Hawker and GIV time and about 3500hrs. And he deserved it. Starts, I believe, July 23, 24 or something.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back