• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wall Street Jornal: NWA "reworks plan for merger"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Might be best to vote it down and get prepared for the negotiations next year...absolutely no way 7/4/4/4% is anywhere CLOSE to enough to make it worthwhile for DAL guys...if that offer is even presented again.

4% isn't even a cost of living increase! after 40% concessions...need more than that.

Originally Posted by General Lee
MR DOH DTW319, DOH was never on the table....another FACT that even you know, yet ignore anyway. Why? Do you think displaying total ignorance makes you look cute?
Tell Me what the ratio was. We were told everyone would stay within .05%. What did your guys say???? We're waiting......

Were you hired before July of 2001? If so, OUR WORKRULES will save your butt. Why? We still have a No Furlough Clause (they can't just take away--we kept ours in BK) for anyone hired before and including TBKANE. If you were hired after July 2001, then you may be affected, and it is all because of YOUR Greenbook Merger Committee ChairNope....wrong again....revisionist history brought on by spiked Koolaid again...as previously reported, it was taken OFF the table by Delta Airlines while the last "negotiation" (shhhhh....I know you think it was an "offer" but it was a negotiation)was still in progress.
Tell me-- How many people were in your negotiating party? Really. We had 3. How many did you have all together? I think it is relavent. You had 15-- 3 negotiators, 2 alternates, and 10 observers. That shows us all something. No koolaid required.

---who most likely won't be affected. Any offer they give will be a plus, not a minus, because we are not in section 6 talks--and if we do agree to a new PWA, then we can replace our current one, with the current work rules. We wouldn't accept a worse PWA. Nope. Really? Oil is easily twice what it was when you went BK

Ray Neidl says we (DL and NWA, along with SWA) are all in pretty good shape compared to others. Our INTL expansion will help out for sure. When we went BK we had 20% of our flying in the INTL sector, and now we have 40%. That should help.....

But, they don't have to EXTEND the No furlough clause to people hired after TBKANE---and that is the key. The last offer had a lot of plusses, and this one may NOT have as many.May? It won't. It won't because the airline economics have gone in the tank since this merger idea was first considered. That's why Dickie Anderson started backpedaling right out of the gate. Which is exactly why NWAALPA resisted financial carrots that wouldn't have lasted a month, apparently, to avoid a SLI that would have lasted forever.

So, they would just go against a contract we all signed? Oh, you would have accepted a deal without a signature? Wow, you trust Steenland too much. It is called a CONTRACT. If they want to break it in BK again, they can try. I just don't think they want to go down that route again. Air France is also looking to give us $750 million Euros to sweeten the deal---and as the dollar drops that amount gets bigger. Good for us. And what I love here is your assertion that your career expectations etc could NEVER change. Hey 319, 9-11 and Age 65 has changed your career expectations. You need to get that into your head. Parking more of your DC9s with high oil could do the same. There is a reason your guys kept calling us. They know something, and they don't want to break it to you guys that relative seniority will be the way to go. They would rather have you blame an arbitrator. It is how your MEC operates.

As far as our managment renegging, I think your management is now on the warpath. As a standalone, we will not furlough, primarily because we ACTUALLY HAVE PLANES COMING ON THE PROPERTY, even as we lost a few. Actually, we will have a net GAIN. How about you guys? Where are those 787s again? Any other new planes? You are losing how many DC9s this year? (Scheduled) Care to share with us how your side will help OUR TOTAL operation?I don't know....access to Asia? Ask Dick why HE pursued it in the first place. While your talking to him, ask why he canceled his travel plans this past weekend. K?Was it to rewire MD88's?

Wait, we are not adding routes to Asia? Did you know he (Dick) ordered some more 777s recently (it was on a company code-a-phone), and he said it would fuel our PACIFIC EXPANSION. I think he intended to go there anyway. Thanks though. And, on his code-a-phone Dick said he spent time with his son this last weekend. No joke. I am sure he called your pal steenland on the phone too to see how his new house on Lake Minnetonka is doing.

Oh yeah, it 3-4 years you may be getting some 787s.....Really? 2011 or 2012 before we get the first one as the launch N. American customer? You wanna stand by that ASSertion?

What is the new date Boeing will get that 787 flying? I think there is yet another delay. BTW, our 777s are ON SCHEDULE. Your endless dribble is round and round too. Those DTW-BUF turns must be driving you crazy. Are you still wearing your coat?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
All good points. Sometimes its easy to get lost in the "fog of merge" and forget that management and the shareholders do not want a USAir East/West fallout (or in this case a North/South fallout). In addition to that, management does not want to operate seperate operations with seperate scope clauses that kick in penalties for parking 9's as well as any DL furloughs that would trigger 90 seaters (76 seaters with first class) becomming 70 seaters but keeping 90 seat operating costs.

NWA has some jurrasic whales they are going to park, but anything else would be 9's, which would ax management's Compass dreams. Delta only has a few 75's worth parking, and anything else would be MD-80's. NWA could furlogh a ton, and Delta could furlough up to 700 or so (before running into a contractual violation) but I don't see either case happening for reasons above. Management will also desperately want a lot more 90 and 100 seaters, and they have to go through the mainline pilot groups to get them, who will decide where they fly.

Originally Posted by General Lee
MR DOH DTW319, DOH was never on the table....another FACT that even you know, yet ignore anyway. Why? Do you think displaying total ignorance makes you look cute?
Tell Me what the ratio was. We were told everyone would stay within .05%. What did your guys say???? We're waiting......Well Wait no more, my southern, surrendered, defeated, pro slavery General. We offered a straight % ratio which works out close to 1:1.4 . DALPA responded with around 1.6.

Were you hired before July of 2001? If so, OUR WORKRULES will save your butt. Why? We still have a No Furlough Clause (they can't just take away--we kept ours in BK) for anyone hired before and including TBKANE. If you were hired after July 2001, then you may be affected, and it is all because of YOUR Greenbook Merger Committee ChairNope....wrong again....revisionist history brought on by spiked Koolaid again...as previously reported, it was taken OFF the table by Delta Airlines while the last "negotiation" (shhhhh....I know you think it was an "offer" but it was a negotiation)was still in progress.

Tell me-- How many people were in your negotiating party? Really. We had 3. How many did you have all together? I think it is relavent. You had 15-- 3 negotiators, 2 alternates, and 10 observers. That shows us all something. No koolaid required.Yeah, it shows that we didn't think you were to be trusted and it looks like that was accurate. To answer your ? I have no idea how many observers we had as I'm not aware that it has been told to our ranks officially. Not sure why you are so concerned about observers. No really, it makes it sound like you didn't want others to see what was going on. Why?

---who most likely won't be affected. Any offer they give will be a plus, not a minus, because we are not in section 6 talks--and if we do agree to a new PWA, then we can replace our current one, with the current work rules. We wouldn't accept a worse PWA. Nope. Really? Oil is easily twice what it was when you went BK

Ray Neidl says we (DL and NWA, along with SWA) are all in pretty good shape compared to others. Our INTL expansion will help out for sure. When we went BK we had 20% of our flying in the INTL sector, and now we have 40%. That should help.....I agree it will help, but still wonder about those Merrill Lynch numbers that show DAL losing 4 times the $ NWA loses at $110/barrel.

But, they don't have to EXTEND the No furlough clause to people hired after TBKANE---and that is the key. The last offer had a lot of plusses, and this one may NOT have as many.May? It won't. It won't because the airline economics have gone in the tank since this merger idea was first considered. That's why Dickie Anderson started backpedaling right out of the gate. Which is exactly why NWAALPA resisted financial carrots that wouldn't have lasted a month, apparently, to avoid a SLI that would have lasted forever.

So, they would just go against a contract we all signed? Oh, you would have accepted a deal without a signature? Wow, you trust Steenland too much. It is called a CONTRACT. Now you sound like Leo Mullin a few years ago.If they want to break it in BK again, they can try. I just don't think they want to go down that route again. Air France is also looking to give us $750 million Euros to sweeten the deal---and as the dollar drops that amount gets bigger. Good for us. And what I love here is your assertion that your career expectations etc could NEVER change. Hey dumba$$. Oh....you're going back to namecalling again huh? Well, OK man, whatever helps you....just remember, according to you, it means you can't debate me.;) 9-11 and Age 65 has changed your career expectations.Yes, and yet they were all factored into the SLI proposal...see above. You need to get that into your head. Parking more of your DC9s with high oil could do the same. There is a reason your guys kept calling us. Yes, as I've stated here before, because our side thinks that consolidation is inevitable and that we should try to overcome our differences since this will happen if people other than ourselves want it to. DALPA does not, is sticking with the plan that with current and future oil prices DAL will be just fine oh fine, and that RA will fend off the BOD,creditors,Pardus, etc by telling them that DALPA has to be happy. Talk about something someone needs to get through their head.They know something, and they don't want to break it to you guys that relative seniority will be the way to go.Relative seniority was our last table position(1.4) DALPA's was not (1.6). Math.. They would rather have you blame an arbitrator. Arbitrators typically start with the last known table positions.It is how your MEC operates.Yes, responsibly and in the interest of the pilots they represent. Have heard that your ratio would have put NWA pilots in the bottom 500 positions.

As far as our managment renegging, I think your management is now on the warpath. As a standalone, we will not furlough, primarily because we ACTUALLY HAVE PLANES COMING ON THE PROPERTY, even as we lost a few. Actually, we will have a net GAIN. How about you guys? Where are those 787s again? Any other new planes? You are losing how many DC9s this year? (Scheduled) Care to share with us how your side will help OUR TOTAL operation?I don't know....access to Asia? Ask Dick why HE pursued it in the first place. While your talking to him, ask why he canceled his travel plans this past weekend. K?Was it to rewire MD88's?

Wait, we are not adding routes to Asia?You are. Congrats on the PVG service. Did you know he (Dick) ordered some more 777s recently (it was on a company code-a-phone), and he said it would fuel our PACIFIC EXPANSION. That's great. DAL currently has 2% of the Transpacific revenue out there. NWA has 31%. US to Asia traffic is forecast to grow 32% faster than US to Europe traffic over the next 20 years.I would suggest to you however that RA, and the people that control RA, think getting it on with NWA might be an easier way to overcome those numbers than sending Sonny and a bucket from the big chicken to PVG.I think he intended to go there anyway. Thanks though. And, on his code-a-phone Dick said he spent time with his son this last weekend. Cool. Was it annual "bring your kid to merger negotiations" day? I must have missed the memo. How bout Ed? TBall game or something?No joke. I am sure he called your pal steenland on the phone too to see how his new house on Lake Minnetonka is doing. (Psst....you've alluded to this a few times...I can save you some embarrasment...DS and his family don't even live in the state of MN.)

Oh yeah, it 3-4 years you may be getting some 787s.....Really? 2011 or 2012 before we get the first one as the launch N. American customer? You wanna stand by that ASSertion?

What is the new date Boeing will get that 787 flying?2011 or 2012 according to you!, You let me know when you can post a link to that info OK Genny? I think there is yet another delay. BTW, our 777s are ON SCHEDULE. Your endless dribble is round and round too. Those DTW-BUF turns must be driving you crazy. Are you still wearing your coat?No, didn't need it in Cabo a couple of weeks ago (24 hour layover, all-inclusive,thanks for asking) and haven't needed it in SAN or PHX much either. Probably won't need it in MBJ next week either. Haven't been to BUF since 727 days. It was, surprisingly, a very fun layover!

ByeBye

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back