Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

belchfire

unpredictable member
Not that I'm anti-union so much, it's the incomprehensibly massive, glaring hypocrisy of the thing that just pisses me off so much...

Union this and union that coming from a typical cheapass pilot who's uniform shirts are those crappy made in the PRC Van Heusen or Arrow sweatshop products-if you wear them you've got no business spouting off pro-union propaganda. If you don't want to work for sweatshop wages yourself then pay a decent price that supports a decent wage when you buy your shirts!

Same for your fracking shoes, socks, underwear and anything else you wear at work.

If I've offended you because your crappy made in the PRC shirts are tumbling around even as you read this-polluting your dryer with God only knows what-you need to consider very seriously why your hypocrisy isn't a bigger burden to you than me merely pointing it out...

Walk your talk and buy Made in the USA or have a big steaming cup of STFU!

End Rant, carry on...

Last edited:
Not that I'm anti-union so much, it's the incomprehensibly massive, glaring hypocrisy of the thing that just pisses me off so much...

Union this and union that coming from a typical cheapass pilot who's uniform shirts are those crappy made in the PRC Van Heusen or Arrow sweatshop products-if you wear them you've got no business spouting off pro-union propaganda. If you don't want to work for sweatshop wages yourself then pay a decent price that supports a decent wage when you buy your shirts!

Same for your fracking shoes, socks, underwear and anything else you wear at work.

If I've offended you because your crappy made in the PRC shirts are tumbling around even as you read this-polluting your dryer with God only knows what-you need to consider very seriously why your hypocrisy isn't a bigger burden to you than me merely pointing it out...

Walk your talk and buy Made in the USA or have a big steaming cup of STFU!

End Rant, carry on...

ANGRY old fart ain't ya???

Despite that, your point is hard to argue with.

However your asking pilots to abandon their Walmart mentality...good luck with that.

You're not wrong. But not all of us are like that. I buy union-made (although not necessarily USA-made), for everything possible. The only thing that really can't be found union-made nowadays is technology. Try finding a union-made computer or TV. Doesn't exist anymore.

Sounds great, wish I had a union. ALPA is just an association with the proceeds of the many supporting the benefit of the few.

Latest resources

Back