• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Walk Out May 1st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is it that ILLIGAL ALIENS who live all over the country from Maine to San Diego can quikly unite for a national one day boycott and AIRLINE PILOTS can't do anything even slightly similar.

A couple grass roots activists can pull this off!

But a national union call ALPA can't do _________!

Add a tax to the wire transactions they send back home. Good idea. I like the rest as well.

Too bad our government appears to be as toothless as, well, alpa.

positiveg said:
Not condoning illegal immigration, but I'd like to see what you guys would do if you were in their position.

I would do what any law abiding citizen should do...I would immigrate legally. Thousands of people do it every year.

Jetsi said:
Rules suck? Get them changed. That is what they are trying to do now.

So if you don't like the rules you fight to change them, huh? What's wrong with following the rules like millions of other immigrants have?

Hey, don't blame me for the constitution if you don't like it. It was written a few years before I was born :D.

My point was, and my pardon if I didn't make this clear, follow the current laws while you try to change the ones you don't like. There are thousands of changes made to federal, state, and municipal law each year. And for every law that is changed, there are numerous others that do not.

For example, want to make it illegal to smoke in a public restaurant? Put the pressure on the politicians, sign petitions, etc., and get it up for a vote. If you smoke and don't like the law, try to make amendments to it, such as allowing smoking in bars and cigar lounges, while still not smoking in the restaurant. Smoke in the restaurant to prove a point? Go to jail and pay a fine.

Now that movement would have more success than trying to make it legal to perform fellatio to elephants on Tuesdays in July. But if enough people wanted to make that a law, it could happen.

My opinion to the whole mess, send them all packing and make changes to the immigration system. Give them all a date to leave back to Mexico by. Make it easier to get in legally, but to all the people here illegally after the date they can never become legal US citizens. Erect a wall along the entire US/Mexican border, and move all military live fire ranges to within 5 miles of the border. Increase funding to the INS, ICE, and DHS. Change the law so fines for hiring an illegal worker would be $100,000 per undocumented worker.

Again, just my opinion.

Jetsi

Last edited:
UAL'01 said:
9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

I always get a kick out of people who feel the urge to comment on all the Spanish being spoken in cities like "Los Angeles". Ummm, isn't "Los Angeles" a Spanish name to begin with? I mean, it's not like your living in "New Briton".

LAZYB said:
they're so confused. :confused:

This country was built by immigrants. :beer:

It's Australia that was built by felons and illegals. ;)

They better start swimming...

Hey, "Running Bear"! Since you aren't full-blooded Navaho, perhaps you should change the pronoun...'eh?

They is you.

Immigrants = Good!

Illegal aliens = Bad!

Throw 'em out and imprision anyone who hires them.

Scene.

Guy's- got this in my e-mail.
THE AMERICAN FLAG COMES SECOND
By Michelle Malkin **********·********** March 29, 2006 01:15 AM
You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. You should (hat tip: Mika and F/R):

03/28 : Student protest*********************************** (Ignorant Un-American Scum-bags)!!!!!
Whittier area students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed federal immigration bill March 27, 2006. The protesters put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High. (Leo Jarzomb/Staff photo)
More:

Meanwhile: Mexico Cheers Passage of Immigration Bill
Like I said: Welcome to reconquista.
I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington. The image of the American flag subsumed by another and turned upside down on American soil***** *****is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.
The battle for borders and immigration laws that actually mean something, however, hasn't even begun.
Mickey Kaus: "Skipping school to block freeways and flying the U.S. flag upside down under the Mexican flag...Those anti-anti-immigrant student protesters in L.A. know how to win over a majority of ordinary voters!"*****
It does seem the old immigration policy is still the best.
How do we wake up Washington? DC that is!

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." 

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
***** ***** ***** ***** Every American citizen needs to read this!

Exskydiverdrivr said:
Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." 

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
***** ***** ***** ***** Every American citizen needs to read this!

Including all you Irish Americans on St. Patricks Day! tic

I bet the Native Americans considered the Europeans illigal immigrants, and the Mexicans considered the Americans flooding their territories of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado and California as illegal immigrants also.

Well, that's all ancient history now. Perhaps if U.S. citizens didn't have such an addiction to the cheap labor these hard working "illegals" provide market forces would naturllay limit their migration.

Don't get me wrong, illegal is illegal, and the breaking of our laws should not be rewarded, but don't stop with the poor illegal immigrants, any US citizen that hires an illigal citizen should also be punished to the full extent of the law.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back